Knowledge Base Articles you may Find Useful no. 15
It has been more than a month since I published my last post on KB articles
that you may find interesting, so it’s time for a new set of articles which may help you deliver the functionality you need.
This time, I will start with few blog posts from our developers and MVPs:
Coming up in version 8 - How to Keep Your Content Consistent and Well-structured
, by Jaroslav Kordula
Data.com connector got updated, finally!
, by Vita Janecek
Using CMSTransaction scope
, by Matt Swain
Use ClientIDMode Appropriately,
by Brian McKeiver
And here are some great knowledge base tips and tricks:
Grouping items in a repeater using a macro expression
- This article shows how to group a certain count of items in a repeater using a macro expression in a TEXT/XML transformation.
Allow users to delete their own blog comments
- By default only a global administrator, blog author, and users with Manage comments permission are able to delete comments on Blog. This article shows you how to change this.
Custom Handler Library compatibility
- This article addresses differences between the old method of defining custom event handlers using Custom Event Handler Libraries, and the new method of using the App_Code class and the extent of the backward compatibility.
Web part selection restriction according to roles
- This article gives you instructions on how to add functionality to restrict web parts to be listed for your editors.
Using wildcards in metadata for better SEO
- This article shows how to use wildcards URLs in the metadata of the pages so that every page has a unique identifier and therefore looks better and has improved SEO.