Knowledge base articles you may find useful no. 6
It has been a month since I published my last post
on KB articles
that you may find interesting, so it’s time for a new set of articles which may help you deliver the functionality you need.
This time I will start with very helpful information about our staging module when synchronizing bigger files. You may receive error message like this one:
The request failed with HTTP status 404: Not Found
What you need to do to avoid this error is described in Brian McKeiver’s
quick tip blog post: Staging large files
. Additionaly, you may need to change the request limits
in your IIS too (IIS 7.5).
New in KB articles
How to initialize the Azure storage emulator on a local SQL server
- This article takes you through this process using the built-in DSInit Command-Line Tool.
How to handle IIS errors on the Azure cloud hosting environment
- This article describes how to handle this and to get more details about the problem. Demonstrating a real example, the “500 – Internal server error”, the process can also be used with any other IIS error message hosted on Azure.
Creating a simple media library gallery with the lightbox effect
- Currently there is no dedicated lightbox media gallery web part available, however it’s easy to set up a similar scenario with a third party lightbox script.
Using dependency fields in forms
- Version 7 of Kentico enables you to create dependent fields on forms without any programming. In this knowledge base article we will create an input-dependent field on our form containing macros.
REST services on IIS 6
- This article deals with how to establish REST services with Kentico CMS on IIS 6.
Adding a filter to the BizForm data listing page
- Kentico doesn’t include a filter when displaying the data of a BizForm in CMSDesk / Tools / Forms / / Data. However it’s easy to add a simple one yourself.