reCaptcha not working

Mike Bilz asked on June 16, 2017 02:04

Hello Kentico Team,

I'm having trouble getting reCaptcha to work on my site. I created the keys and added the information to my Settings, and switched the default captcha to reCaptcha. However when I attempted to submit my test form, the reCaptcha field would always flag as being empty. Not that the information was incorrect, but that the field was empty.

Did I miss a step somewhere? Is there some script or code that needs to be added to the head for reCaptcha to work? Do I need to clear the site cache or restart the application, maybe?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-mike

Recent Answers


Trevor Fayas answered on June 16, 2017 03:39 (last edited on June 16, 2017 03:40)

What version of Kentico are you on? I think i had problems getting it to work on 9 because Google changed their reCaptcha API.

Also one other possibility is if your site is on HTTPS, i think (but could be wrong) some of the kentico items had http:// hard coded so it's blocked.

Is there an error, either on the event log or in the Console of your browser?

0 votesVote for this answer Mark as a Correct answer

Brenden Kehren answered on June 16, 2017 09:17

The reCaptcha field cannot be flagged as required. The form control is already setup to validate someone has entered a value so uncheck the required property.

1 votesVote for this answer Mark as a Correct answer

Mike Bilz answered on June 17, 2017 02:06

Trevor - My site is currently in HTTP, is it possible that Google is denying my requests are part of their HTTPS push? ( I had something similar happen when I tried to use google location services )

Brenden - Thanks for this. This helped move the issue forward a bit, in that now I at least get error messages in the event log.

The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable.

Exception type: System.Net.WebException
Stack trace: 
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at CMS.UIControls.RecaptchaValidator.Validate()

Any ideas?

Thanks.

-mike

0 votesVote for this answer Mark as a Correct answer

Trevor Fayas answered on June 19, 2017 15:39

I think it was the Google map that had the http / https issue. You can tell if that is an issue for recaptcha if it makes a request on the page that is being blocked, if it's a server-side request then your site's http/https status doesn't matter.

0 votesVote for this answer Mark as a Correct answer

Mike Bilz answered on June 23, 2017 00:55

Thank you all for your help. It's looking like this is a server issue, or possibly some kind of security/permissions issue in the network.

I'll check back if I find the problem.

Thanks again. -mike

0 votesVote for this answer Mark as a Correct answer

   Please, sign in to be able to submit a new answer.