Host4ASP.NET provides 1-click installation for Kentico in the WebSitePanel. Before you install this application, there are some preparation work need to be done.
- Log in to Control Panel https://cp.host4asp.net/.
- Make sure you have resolved your domain and pointed to the right IP address.
- Make sure you have created a website with the right domain.
- Create a database and a database user.
Note: Host4ASP.NET has MSSQL 2012 & MSSQL 2014 both installed. We can create a
MSSQL 2014 database here.
Click the "Create Datadase" and "Create Userd" to create the database and database user.
When you created the user, please find the database and make them connected.
4. Click "Web App Gallery" in the Hosting Space Menu on the left of the page.
5. Search "ken" or "Kentico" and click "Install" button.
6. You will see application version information on the Download Web Application page. Just click "Next" button, the system will download application automatically.
7. Then you should set Web Application Parameters. Select website, leave Application Name field blank if you want to install Kentico in the root of the web site, select SQL Server 2014 and Choose "Use existing databasez", and then click "Install" button.
8. Wait a few seconds, you can see the installation result. Click "Launch Kentico", or just go to your website.
9. You can see the installation wizard, SQL Server name is icebreak.host4asp.net,1431, input the SQL Server account with db user your created in step 3, and click Next.
10, Choose "Use an existing database" and input the database name with the DB username you created in step 3. Then, Check "Create Kentico database objects". Click Next button.
11, Wait a while until the installation is finished, then enjoy the journey with Kentico. If you have any questions, click the Live Chat button at each page of Host4ASP.NET to get instant answer.