One of our clients reports issues related to saving and updating page content every once in a while. The issue they report is that when they have entered some content and saved it, it will sometimes only be saved partially.
When they store a page with the following content;
"This is some test content. This content is for testing purposes only. Lots of text goes here."
It sometimes is stored as;
"This is some test content. This content is for tes"
The biggest issue is that it only happens every once in a while, it doesn't happen on specific pages, during specific times, or anything else that can be tracked down as the actual cause of the issue.
Now, today I was working on one of our development sites, for a completely different client, and it seems that I finally had my own encounter with this issue. Or at least it's very similar.
What happened was the following;
- I was working on a CSS file in the CMS
- After updating the CSS file, I clicked the Save button
- I went to a tab that had the site running so I could test my updates
- What I saw was a site that was mostly broken
- I went back to my CSS file to see if I had accidentally added or removed an accolade or something near the last class I updated.
- What I noticed is that I couldn't find the class I updated at all, in fact, when I scrolled all the way down to the end of the CSS file, I noticed that it had cut off part of the CSS file completely.
Example of what happened;
[more CSS below here]
had in fact been stored as
Now, both sites are running Kentico 7. However, I have never encountered the issue myself besides the CSS issue I ran into today. Only one client seems to experiece this on a someone frequent basis, but we haven't been able to reproduce any of the issues ourselves.
Has anyone ever had similar issues like this? Is there a fix, and if so, what would that be?