Different language characters in fonts issue

lawrence whittemore asked on November 11, 2016 14:04

I'm not sure if this is a kentico issue or just my complete lack of knowledge on the subject but I thought I would put it out there. As a healthcare system we're now being required to have language assistance available on our sites.

What we have done is we've added this small section to the footer of all of our sites you can see it here http://emhs.org/ it has worked on a dozen sites that I have put it on using the same code. However, on this site it is not http://lakewoodcare.org/ something is changing the characters. It's not the font as all the sites are using the same font. When I view the source code (via the browser) the characters are even changed there, however, the source files show the right characters. Any Thoughts??? Might this be a setting in the web config or something I am missing?

Recent Answers

Brenden Kehren answered on November 11, 2016 17:59

Not saying this will fix the issue but on the lakewood site this is HTML5 and I believe you need to have the language code in the

0 votesVote for this answer Mark as a Correct answer

Peter Mogilnitski answered on November 11, 2016 18:56

Assuming that you've made sure that all your meta charset tags are the same (on both sites ). It could be a server problem, If you look at viewsource (the actual html served by your servers), not inspect element. Your first site seem to serve it correctly, but the second serves abracadabra. It might the source for these languages on the server side on the second server has an issue.

0 votesVote for this answer Mark as a Correct answer

lawrence whittemore answered on November 11, 2016 19:14

So I, moved the site out of the installation it was in and into the same installation with the other sites that the code was working on, but that didn't seem help. (Also, it was a different server.) The next thing I did, was a I moved the code out of the master page (old aspx site) to a user control similar to how the other pages had it set up ,just to rule that out, and it has seemingly worked...

so not really sure why, but it is working now for me. Thanks for your input.

0 votesVote for this answer Mark as a Correct answer

   Please, sign in to be able to submit a new answer.