New features Please use http://kentico.uservoice.com as the primary place to submit your suggestions and allow others to vote for your ideas!
Version 4.x > New features > Email Newsletters View modes: 
Mercer - 8/31/2009 4:59:19 PM

Email Newsletters
We are currently running into issues sending emails to our user base. Our hosting provider started limiting the number of emails sent per hour. This results in emails not being delivered. Currently we are limited to 200 emails per hour.

The hosting provider suggested we send a single email with multiple recipients vs. a single email per recipient.

My suggestion for Kentico is to provide an option that would allow users to configure the newsletter to combine recipients and specify the max number of recipients. Ie. 200 recipients. A newsletter with 300 subscribers would be sent as two messages.

Another solution is to ensure the queue automatically retries sending the newsletters on a fixed interval. This would allow us to send a max of 200 newsletters per hour automatically. Of course, this solution doesn’t scale well for a large newsgroup since it could be several hours before the newsletter is sent.

Any recommendations for a hosting provider in the US that can host Kentico and doesn’t limit SMPT relay requests?

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_jurajo - 9/1/2009 3:35:36 AM

RE:Email Newsletters
Hi,

At this moment you can create a scheduled task which will resend the newsletters from queue. Anyway, I have added this as a feature suggestion to our product manage and I hope that some kind of setting will be available in one of the next version, so you will be able to limit the number of e-mails.

Regarding the hosting provider - I am not experienced in their services, but you can find list of our partners in Hosting partners section of our web site.

Best Regards,
Juraj Ondrus

kgillen-argowebservices - 7/25/2011 9:41:41 AM

Can you provide the details of how to set up this ScheduledTask? What do I need to add for the assembly name, class name, etc?

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_jurajo - 7/26/2011 2:54:07 AM

Hi,

You will create a scheduled task which will check the CMS_Email table and status of the e-mails there. If it will match the criteria, you will re-send the message using one of the overloads of the method CMS.EmailEngine.EmailSender.SendEmail(...)

Best Regards,
Juraj Ondrus