New features Please use http://kentico.uservoice.com as the primary place to submit your suggestions and allow others to vote for your ideas!
Version 4.x > New features > Lucene.net View modes: 
Mufasa - 2/12/2009 10:16:39 AM

Lucene.net
At one point (I think when it was still supposed to be version 3.2) Kentico had adding the Lucene.net search library to the list of new features. I didn't see it in any of the 4.0 change logs. Where did that feature go? Did I miss it or was it moved or even removed? If moved to a future version, what's the ETA on that?

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_jurajo - 2/13/2009 2:41:02 AM

RE:Lucene.net
Hi,

On our web site in the Road map section are listed the features which are being considered to be added to the next release. Unfortunately the Lucene.Net was postponed since there was not anough time to integrate it. I hope it will be integrated in the next release, but I am not sure because the new features are only discussed in these days.

Best Regards,
Juraj Ondrus

Mufasa - 7/15/2009 11:42:09 AM

For what it's worth, I've had customers waiting for over a year and half as the Lucene.net integration feature keeps getting 'delayed', while other new things keep getting done in its place. It's currently set for version 4.1, even though it was announced back during 3.0 for the 3.1 version, if I recall.
I'm thinking about starting a pool for Kentico customers to gamble on which version will actually have the feature in it. It's the Duke Nukem Forever of CMS features. :-)

kentico_petrp - 7/15/2009 11:59:20 AM

It's already finished and it will be available in version 4.1 in August 2009. Version 4.1 is now in the final testing phase.

Mufasa - 7/15/2009 1:19:34 PM

Well, it looks like I'll loose in the pool then. ;-) But I'm glad. Our customers will appreciate it. Thanks.