Installation and deployment
Version 3.x > Installation and deployment > Error installing Web Part View modes: 
cbegg50 - 3/15/2012 5:50:59 PM

Error installing Web Part
I'm trying to install the free Google+ web part from the Kentico Marketplace to my provider's shared web server. As suggested, I use 'import site or objects' from the Site Manager / Sites page, click 'Preselect only new items' and 'Next>', then it says:
Error during temporary files creation. Original exception: Error converting import package.: Access to the path 'C:\HostingSpaces\thebeggf' is denied. Of course it is! Where can I change the choice Kentico CMS 6.0 is using? I tried using Settings / System / Files / Files Folder but it ignored the setting there, so I presume its for something else. I've got Facebook and Twitter using the Social Networking web part but it doesn't include Google+

Regards,
Colin Begg

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_jurajo - 3/16/2012 3:43:34 AM

RE:Error installing Web Part
Hi,

You need to ensure correct disk pemrissions. If your host does not allow this, then you can extract the web part files from the package, remove the "export" extension and copy it via FTP to the web project and then register the web part like when creating a new web part (from step 10).

Best regards,
Juraj Ondrus