... and again - significant performance improvements through code and database optimizations.
The upgrade procedure from version 5.0 to 5.5 is here: http://www.kentico.com/Downloads/Updates/KenticoCMS_5_0_to_5_5.zip
All other upgrades procedures are available for the download at the following link - http://www.kentico.com/Download/Upgrades.aspx
What's coming next?
Kentico CMS 5.5 R2 - Q3/2010
During this summer, we will publish the Intranet Starter Site that will be based on the Social Networking Package and will contain basic templates and functionality for the intranet.
Kentico CMS 5.5 R2 (Release 2) will be published in Q3. It will contain all hotfixes released before 5.5 R2. It won't contain any changes to the existing modules.
With Kentico CMS 5.5 R2, we will also release a new package – Intranet Portal Package. This is a new package based on the Intranet Starter Site and it will come with better document management (including WebDAV integration) and with project workspaces.
Kentico CMS 6.0 - Q2/2011
Version 6.0 will be one of our biggest releases ever. We will bring you:
· New On-line Marketing Package (campaign and lead management, improved web analytics)
· Windows Azure support
· Dashboards within user interface
· On-site editing - new simplified editing interface for basic users
· Widgets placed into text and support for widgets in ASPX page templates
· Multi-file uploader
· Bi-directional staging
· Improvements in Newsletter module –double opt-in, click tracking
· Object versioning and locking for development objects (stylesheets, transformations, etc.)
· Show and edit language versions side by side
· E-commerce improvements – taxes per state and ZIP, better shipping calculation, and many others
· Export data into Excel, CSV and XML
· CKEditor integration instead of FCKeditor
· Microsoft Chart Controls integration
· and much more...
The roadmap will be updated during the development cycle at http://www.kentico.com/cms-asp-net-features/Roadmap.aspx.
The tentative release date of version 6.0 is Q2/2011.