5 reasons why you shouldn’t miss the next Kentico conference
My personal view on the recent Kentico Connection conference in Denver.
Firstly, let me thank all of you who attended the annual Kentico conference in Denver! Let me also thanks to Eric, Thom and Eva
, who were those mainly involved in organizing this event.
Finally, let me also thank to all of you who were working with us on the video testimonials. We got about 20 respondents and 4 hours of material to further work with, with some great stories as “Why Microsoft loves Kentico” from Gavin Warrener
, or Shannon Dunn
’s parallel of choosing the right CMS
as dating numerous girls to get finally married with one. ;) These videos will be published on our site and on Kentico's youtube channel
We are going to evaluate all the feedback forms on the conference we got from you during the next week and of course we will use it to improve your experience for the next event. Although it might seem daring to evaluate the conference before going through the feedback forms, since I wasn’t actively involved in the event organization or any of the sessions, I feel able to share my opinion on why I found our second conference really successful. So here are my five reasons why you shouldn’t have missed Denver 2011. And please – feel free to correct me at any point!
1] 1-on-1 meetings
– We brought fifteen members of our team to Denver, including all of our technical/team leaders to cover any possible and highly specific question. During their schedule, they were able to cover all the meeting requests and answer all the questions they got. These meetings represent not only additional free consulting, but more importantly a chance to get in personal touch with the developers. Certainly, this works vice-versa as well – it’s a great opportunity for us to listen and better understand your needs.
2] Ask the expert session
– Pretty much the same as above, only less formal and in a bigger group that helps spark the discussion plus with a free beer as a bonus. :)
3] Social networking
– Meeting with others at the conference allowed attendees to share their experience and talk about the common challenges they face in their work. Social event at the second day with the pool tables, bowling, arcades, table soccer, karaoke and laser tag was again a nice bonus that we all enjoyed!
4] Keynote and sessions
– Keynote gave a clear overview and introduction of the event. The talking of Janus Boye
pointed out the industry trends and at the end showed the audience that the feel of our own limits is actually wrong - we can always do better than we feel. Sessions on 18 different topics, always two at the same time, allowed everyone to chose a topic closest to them.
5] Training on Kentico
– The free training on the third day helped everyone to learn more and quickly jump into the new features of Kentico CMS 6.0 and the new product line Kentico Enterprise Marketing Solution.
P.S. If you missed Denver you can still go to Prague Connection Conference
- starting next week!