Currently i am using Kentico 9 and i have done many times uninstalled and installed. Please find the process from below:
- Uninstall kentico using kentico setup or in control panel program features.
- Check the kentico folder in start/AllPrograms/. If found manually delete it.
- if you want to freshly install then delete kentico folder from your location C://inetpub/wwwroot folder
- Check in your IIS refresh default website and check if kentico web application present then delete manually from there.
- Stop IIS.
- Go to your registry edit and search for kentico if found inside any software folder then delete from there manually.
- Check ProgramFile(x86) or ProgramFiles whichever you have if found kentico version then delete it manually.
- In your run command type "%appdata%" and hit enter it will open a windows explorer with app data just search for kentico in that folder, After that whichever file it will search just delete it.
Then install it. That should install correctly.
I have done the same approach for kentico 9.