Custom CMSHtmlEditor and QuicklyInsertImage not working

Daniel Reed asked on August 24, 2015 08:52

Hi all,

I've made a custom web part that creates a page via some fields. One of those fields is a CMSHtmlEditor field.

<cms:CMSHtmlEditor ID="BodyEditor" runat="server" ToolbarSet="Noticeboard" IsLiveSite="true" />

BodyEditor.MediaDialogConfig.UseFullURL = true;
BodyEditor.LinkDialogConfig.UseFullURL = true;
BodyEditor.QuickInsertConfig.UseFullURL = true;

When I click the QuicklyInsertImage button and choose an image, the resulting image is not found. Chrome for example, reports the following:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

This happens 90% of the time. The other 10% of the time, it works for no clear reason. Any ideas on how I need to identify the problem and fix it?

Recent Answers

Daniel Reed answered on August 24, 2015 10:07

Update: images work when I am editing the page, or an admin. Otherwise, getattachment returns an empty kentico page instead of the image binary

0 votesVote for this answer Mark as a Correct answer

Timothy Fenton answered on September 18, 2015 17:03

Hello Daniel

Could you please try setting the Settings > System > Files > Check files permissions to unchecked and see if you have the same issue.

0 votesVote for this answer Mark as a Correct answer

   Please, sign in to be able to submit a new answer.