Bug reports Found a bug? Post it here please.
Version 7.x > Bug reports > Donation Webpart View modes: 
Certified Developer 10
Certified Developer 10
josha-bpstudios - 11/21/2013 12:01:21 PM

Donation Webpart
I was setting up the donation webpart in a 7.0.34 site, and it seems that if you configure a single donation product in ecommerce, that the product won't show up in the donation product selection property of the webpart. I can only have one appear when I have two donation products in the system. Even then, it is showing the latest product, but not the one that had been configured first. I verified that the products were of the type donation.

kentico_sandroj - 11/21/2013 3:31:12 PM

RE:Donation Webpart
Hello,

I have just configured a single donation product in v7.0.34 and I was able to select it using the Donate Web part - is that the Web part you are using? There are two: Donate and Donations. Have you customized the Web part in any way? Are you able to reproduce this in a clean install?

Best Regards,
Sandro

Certified Developer 10
Certified Developer 10
josha-bpstudios - 11/22/2013 9:04:18 AM

I have not customized the site at all. I am using the donate webpart. The only customization that I have is in the layout to show the product options in the shoppingcartitemselector, as we have the ability to add an honoree name and address.

kentico_sandroj - 11/22/2013 4:32:41 PM

Hello,

Thank you for the clarification. I haven't been able to reproduce this issue in any version with various setting combinations. In order for us to test this, would it be possible to send us an e-mail with the custom selector? The selector should not make a difference but if that is the only customization we should try it. If that doesn't help we may need a full backup to investigate as there are no issues with this functionality by default.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. If we resolve this issue through e-mail I will post an update to this forum thread.

Best Regards,
Sandro

Certified Developer 10
Certified Developer 10
josha-bpstudios - 11/25/2013 10:56:03 AM

The code for the layout is as follows:
I believe the only customization of this is by showing the product options...Our donations have options that are associated with them depending on if the user wants to choose and honorree, etc.
<%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="~/CMSWebParts/Ecommerce/Donate.ascx.cs" Inherits="CMSWebParts_Ecommerce_Donate" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="cms" TagName="DonationProperties" Src="~/CMSModules/Ecommerce/Controls/ProductOptions/DonationProperties.ascx" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="cms" TagName="ShoppingCartItemSelector" Src="~/CMSModules/Ecommerce/Controls/ProductOptions/ShoppingCartItemSelector.ascx" %>
<div class="DonateWebPart">
<asp:Label runat="server" ID="lblDescription" CssClass="Description" />
<%-- Donation properties --%>
<asp:PlaceHolder ID="plcDonationProperties" runat="server">
<cms:CMSUpdatePanel ID="pnlUpdateDonationProperties" runat="server" UpdateMode="Conditional">
<Triggers>
<asp:AsyncPostBackTrigger ControlID="shoppingCartItemSelector" EventName="OnAddToShoppingCart" />
</Triggers>
<ContentTemplate>
<cms:LocalizedLabel ID="lblError" runat="server" CssClass="ErrorLabel" EnableViewState="false"
Visible="false" />
<cms:DonationProperties ID="donationProperties" runat="server" Visible="false" />
</ContentTemplate>
</cms:CMSUpdatePanel>
</asp:PlaceHolder>
<%-- Shopping cart item selector --%>
<asp:PlaceHolder ID="plcFieldLabel" runat="server">
<div class="FieldLabel"></div><br/>
</asp:PlaceHolder>
<div><cms:ShoppingCartItemSelector ID="shoppingCartItemSelector" runat="server" ShowProductOptions="true"
ShowDonationProperties="false" RedirectToDetailsEnabled="false" /></div>
<%-- Hidden fields --%>
<div style="display: none;">
<cms:CMSUpdatePanel ID="pnlUpdateHidden" runat="server" UpdateMode="Conditional">
<Triggers>
<asp:AsyncPostBackTrigger ControlID="shoppingCartItemSelector" EventName="OnAddToShoppingCart" />
</Triggers>
<ContentTemplate>
<asp:HiddenField runat="server" ID="hdnDialogIdentifier" />
<asp:HiddenField runat="server" ID="hdnDonationAmount" />
<asp:HiddenField runat="server" ID="hdnDonationIsPrivate" />
<asp:HiddenField runat="server" ID="hdnDonationUnits" />
</ContentTemplate>
</cms:CMSUpdatePanel>
</div>
</div>

kentico_sandroj - 11/26/2013 2:36:04 PM

Hello,

Thank you for providing the code. I have tested this in v7.0.34 and v7.0.63 and I was unable to reproduce the issue, the donation is always available even if there is only one option. Have you made any changes to the .cs file or any other customizations that could be tied into this?

Best Regards,
Sandro

Certified Developer 10
Certified Developer 10
josha-bpstudios - 11/27/2013 9:59:34 AM

The only customization to the site is in the shoppingcartitemselector itself, but the only change that occurs is a custom field in the optioncategory table that orders the product options. Instead of getting the options through the default method, I use a custom where clause and orderby clause to bring in the options in the order specified. I can't see how this would change any of that functionality.

kentico_sandroj - 12/1/2013 1:24:09 PM

Hello,

We are not able to reproduce the issue so without backups we may not be able to provide any additional details. Please e-mail us if you would like us to restore the backup and look into this issue.

Best Regards,
Sandro