Bug reports Found a bug? Post it here please.
Version 7.x > Bug reports > Calendar Form Control View modes: 
kyle.dahlgren-66fcu - 6/17/2013 9:49:36 AM

Calendar Form Control
Currently running hotfix 38 and I've created a form with several fields. I'm using the Date and Time attribute type with the Calendar form control for one field and on the live form the little calendar icon is not clickable. I can click the Now link and that works as I expect and I can type into the text box next to the calendar icon, but the calendar icon itself is not clickable. The cursor remains the arrow instead of changing to the hand upon hover over of the calendar icon. I've tried in all major browsers and it doesn't seem to work in any.
Ideas?

Kentico Legend
Kentico Legend
Brenden Kehren - 6/17/2013 12:38:58 PM

RE:Calendar Form Control
Just an FYI, the calendar icon uses the jQuery library so if you have any conflicts or javascript disabled, it won't work as you expect.

kyle.dahlgren-66fcu - 6/17/2013 1:03:07 PM

A little bit more information: Using Firebug I see that an error is coming in on this JS file: <script type="text/javascript" src="/CMSPages/GetResource.ashx?scriptfile=%7e%2fCMSScripts%2fJQuery%2fjquery-ui-datetimepicker.js"> which I believe is something that is added by the Kentico system, since I am not explicitly including this file on the page. I currently use JS 1.9.1 and Jquery UI 1.10.2 on my pages. The error is this: TypeError: n.browser is undefined.
I don't have any other errors upon page load, so there doesn't seem to be anything else wrong with Jquery or JS that I'm using. This error only shows up when I try to click on the calendar icon.

Kentico Legend
Kentico Legend
Brenden Kehren - 6/17/2013 1:38:18 PM

Any of the built-in controls that require jQuery/javascript will load the libraries as needed. The membership controls (login, register, etc) require this as well especially if you have the password strength checker. I also remember reading that v7 is stable with jQuery 1.7.2 I believe so this may be causing your error by including a version newer than 1.7.x. If you don't need to use a newer version then I suggest using the library included with Kentico.

Kentico Legend
Kentico Legend
Brenden Kehren - 6/17/2013 1:40:58 PM

You can place this in your master page layout to register both libraries
<script runat="server">
protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
CMS.GlobalHelper.ScriptHelper.RegisterJQuery(this.Page);
CMS.GlobalHelper.ScriptHelper.RegisterJQueryUI(this.Page, false); // don't load ui stylesheet
}
</script>

kyle.dahlgren-66fcu - 6/17/2013 1:49:47 PM

Unfortunately, I need to use the version of JS I'm using currently. It seems really odd that Kentico would be using such an old version of JS. I guess I'll just have to use a different control for this field. I would think that Kentico would be as up to date as possible with plugins.

Kentico Legend
Kentico Legend
Brenden Kehren - 6/17/2013 9:26:54 PM

It's not really odd that they are using v1.7.x. Look at the timing of Kentico releases and jQuery releases. The final release of v7 came out in Sept of 2012 and the jQuery library was updated in August. So knowing the final version of Kentico v7 came out in September, it wasn't feasible to release it with jQuery 1.8. My guess is the next major upgrade of jQuery within Kentico will be with v8 in September/October.

Kentico Customer Success
Kentico Customer Success
kentico_martind2 - 6/21/2013 2:49:44 AM

Hello,

Brenden's conclusion is really getting the point! We must use the jQuery version which is available during the process of development and we must also have enough time to test it in all scenarios where it is used. We are not able to update the jQuery version in some hotfix because it will require more complex changes in the source code. And due to API changes in jQuery we can not guarantee a compatibility with feature versions which will be relased after the final version of Kentico is released.

We already know about some problems with the jQuery 1.9 due to API changes which break some functionality of current version. But we are not responsible for changes made by a 3rd party company, we can guarante just complatibility of that jQuery version with which we have an opportunity to work during the developing of current version.

Best regards,
Martin Danko

kyle.dahlgren-66fcu - 2/12/2014 7:41:25 AM

So is this problem going to be fixed any time soon? I have another form I need to use a date picker on. I'm currently using 7.0.73.

Kentico Customer Success
Kentico Customer Success
kentico_martind2 - 2/12/2014 10:28:55 AM

Hi Kyle,

this won't be fixed in a hotfix and let me inform you that version 8 shouldl be released in 6-7 weeks. So you can not expect any changes sooner than that.

Best Regards,
Martin Danko