New features Please use http://kentico.uservoice.com as the primary place to submit your suggestions and allow others to vote for your ideas!
Version 7.x > New features > Amazon S3 Storage Provider with Encryption View modes: 
Certified Developer 13
Certified Developer 13
brabidou-wakefly - 10/21/2013 2:53:23 PM

Amazon S3 Storage Provider with Encryption
Currently the Kentico S3 storage provider does not allow for usage of Amazon's server side encryption feature. Many private and government organization require that data be encrypted on Amazon's disk.

It would be easy for Kentio to implement this and would save me from having to write my own custom S3 storage provider that does exactly what Kentico's does but with some additional header information during calls to amazon.

To implement this feature Kentico just needs to modify any "CopyObjectRequest" and "PutObjectRequest" to include the parameter "ServerSideEncryptionMethod = Amazon.S3.Model.ServerSideEncryptionMethod.AES256"

This functionality is already supported by the C# Amazon SDK included with Kentico 7.

Would love to see this in a hotfix!

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_zdenekc - 10/23/2013 6:19:23 PM

RE:Amazon S3 Storage Provider with Encryption
Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion! I have forwarded it to the responsible dev team to see what they can do about it... I know it's very simple case, but dev and QA processes have some rules.
I would recommend you to post this also in the kentico.uservoice.com.

Thanks again!

Regards,
Zdenek