Design and CSS styles
Version 7.x > Design and CSS styles > Hide Copy menu item from content tree context menu View modes: 
knitjk-hotmail - 5/15/2013 9:45:14 AM

Hide Copy menu item from content tree context menu
I have content tree like this
-Main Site
-Home
-Parent
-Media
-Topics
-Contacts

I want to hide copy from content tree context menu for all nodes except Media. Is it possible?

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_janh - 5/16/2013 2:03:28 AM

RE:Hide Copy menu item from content tree context menu
Hello,

Could you please provide us with more information like where you want to hide those nodes (Content -> Content tree or some selector -> content tree, etc.)?

Best regards,
Jan Hermann

knitjk-hotmail - 5/16/2013 2:31:48 PM

I do not want to hide the node. I want to hide context menu options e.g. Delete and Copy when user right clicks on a specific node for example "Parent" or "Contact" node.

I do not want any user to use these options on "Parent" or "Contact" node.

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_filipl - 5/18/2013 6:44:54 AM

Hello,

Regrettably, hiding context menus is not possible to do (you would need the source code and then modify UI interface).

The only way to deny access for particular users to delete and copy "Parent" and "Contact" nodes is to deny those permissions in CMS Desk -> Content -> <Parent/Contact> -> Properties -> Security -> Permissions. However, this will not disable these context menu options, there will only be an error message displayed for users who do not have permission for a certain action.

Best regards,
Filip Ligac

knitjk-hotmail - 5/20/2013 6:50:23 AM

We were able to control it using permissions. Thanks for the details. It would have been better if we could hide it with few setting changes.