Design and CSS styles
Version 7.x > Design and CSS styles > True WYSIWYG in Editable Text Control View modes: 
nrussell - 3/11/2013 6:49:45 PM

True WYSIWYG in Editable Text Control
The editable text control does not seem to do true WYSIWYG. Basic styling works fine and is reflected in the editor but any styling that references a css class outside of the editable text control is ignored. So a style like
.maincontent b {
color:red;
}

Where maincontent is some sort of wrapping div around the editable text control doesn't show up until you preview the page.

The only way I have found around this is to create a separate stylesheet for the editable text control with a style like
b {
color: red;
}

and set the 'HTML editor css stylesheet' property on the control to it.

Is this the best I can do, am I missing something?

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_jurajo - 3/11/2013 7:49:07 PM

RE:True WYSIWYG in Editable Text Control
Hi,

Do you mean some style defined in the site's style sheet in Site Manager -> Development -> CSS stylesheets?

If so, what is set as the editor's style sheet in Site Manager -> Sites -> <edit your site> -> Editor CSS stylesheet drop down?

Best regards,
Juraj Ondrus

nrussell - 3/12/2013 10:53:17 AM

Ok, I hadn't noticed that setting before, a bit easier then setting it on every editable text.

But I guess what I was trying to confirm was that the only way to have the editable text control format like the website was to create a separate stylesheet just for edit mode.

Kentico Consulting
Kentico Consulting
richards@kentico.com - 3/12/2013 12:30:46 PM

Hello,

Yea, iit is not neccessary to create seperated stysheets, you may easily use the global settings in Site Manager.

Thank you for your feedback and let us know if you would have any other questions.

Kind regards,
Richard Sustek