Site structure
Version 7.x > Site structure > Site export without Domain Aliases View modes: 
Certified Developer 13
Certified Developer 13
dgrant-ecentricarts - 12/3/2013 11:39:25 AM

Site export without Domain Aliases
I would like to export some site objects along with global objects and import these object onto a different environment without changing the domain aliases. The domain aliases are getting overridden on the destination site with the ones on the source site.

Is there a way to exclude this from the export/import? If there is no way of doing this, do you see any issue with manually editing the export zip file and change the domain aliases in cms_site.xml.export?

Thanks
Dwayne

Kentico Legend
Kentico Legend
Accepted solutionAccepted solution
Brenden Kehren - 12/13/2013 7:01:34 AM

RE:Site export without Domain Aliases
Dwayne,

I don't believe there is any to include/exclude those within the import/export module. You could simply remove them from the site prior to the export, then place them back after your export completes. I'd recommend this option vs. modifying the export zipped files, that would be my last resort.

Good luck
Brenden

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_romank - 12/19/2013 6:51:57 AM

RE:Site export without Domain Aliases
Hi,

I can see in our system that you have already got the answer to this question, but I will provide the answer anyway so everyone can see it.

There are no options to prevent the domain aliases from being exported or imported via UI. These objects are bound directly to the site which is being exported. As for your second question, in general it should not be a problem if you manually modify the cms_site.xml, but you have to ensure that XML file is valid and the structure of the export package is correct.

Best Regards,
Roman Konicek