Site structure
Version 7.x > Site structure > Make Calendar control in Form act as expired date View modes: 
esolutions - 7/17/2013 12:09:06 PM

Make Calendar control in Form act as expired date
Hi,
We have a job posting document type with a "Posting Date" and "Closing Date" field. These two values are displayed on the site so the user knows when the job posting is open and when it closes.

Is it possible to either have these fields act like the "publish to" and "publish from" fields
OR
Is it possible to replace the "Posting Date" and the "Closing Date" with the "Publish to" and "Publish From" fields so that these values can be displayed on the page?

I guess what I'm trying to do is eliminate the user having to enter 4 dates if they can enter in just two to display on the page AND to make the page go live and expire.

Kentico Legend
Kentico Legend
Brenden Kehren - 7/18/2013 10:44:43 AM

RE:Make Calendar control in Form act as expired date
In your document type, rename the labels for the publish to and publish from fields to posing date and closing date. Then in your transformation simply use DocumentPublishFrom and DocumentPublishTo as your display dates. This will get the desired effect you're looking for.

esolutions - 7/18/2013 12:57:50 PM

RE:Make Calendar control in Form act as expired date
Okay, so in my document type, on the general tab, I've checked of "use publish from/publish to". However when I click the Fields tab those two fields don't appear in the list of fields in order for me to rename them. Or am I missing something?