Site structure
Version 7.x > Site structure > Forcing correct file extentions View modes: 
philliptune - 6/12/2013 9:03:02 AM

Forcing correct file extentions
One of my environments does this correctly but my others don't. When I upload a file (media file, etc.) then reference it using the link tool on WYSIWYG, I want it to automatically use the correct file extention instead of ".aspx".

I just got about 24 new PDF's that I need to update on our site, and right now I have to manually change the .aspx to .pdf. (I believe using Media Libraries does this correctly, but our server policies restrict us from using libraries.)

I've checked settings from my environments and everything on Site Manager>Settings>System>File and URLs and SEO look the same, yet one environment references the correct extention while the other automatically gives EVERY document a ".aspx" extention... browsers do a lot of detection by looking at extentions and throw errors when response headers and file extentions don't match. Please tell me how to fix this.

Certified Developer 13
Certified Developer 13
kentico_josefd - 6/12/2013 9:12:00 AM

RE:Forcing correct file extentions
Hello,

First, check the settings are inherited correctly from global to site settings. If they are, verify your IIS settings are the same on both instances, as described in these two articles for IIS6 and IIS7 and up.

Regards,
Josef Dvorak

philliptune - 6/12/2013 9:23:36 AM

RE:Forcing correct file extentions
Good call Josef. I knew I was missing something simple. We manage about 12 different environments and always get tripped up on global inheritance. Thank you! It works as expected now.