Site structure
Version 7.x > Site structure > Sharing dynamic document instances across multiple sites View modes: 
d.i.parker-open.ac - 11/7/2013 2:54:59 AM

Sharing dynamic document instances across multiple sites
Hi,
We're developing a site in kentico that contains a number of instances of document types, ie Qualifications. We'd like the content authors of this site to be owners of the Qualification data they're producing but need to share the content across multiple sites.

The number of Qualification instances changes daily and we'd like any new or disappearing document instances to reflect within the other sites ?

Our main site consists of a CMS.Folder with the document type instances sitting below it. I was hoping to use the "linked documents' feature from the satellite sites to link into the parent data folder within the main site and pick up all related 'child' documents but that doesn't seem to work. It seems you have to link to each document in turn (of which there are hundreds !)

Any ideas much appreciated !

Kentico Consulting
Kentico Consulting
Kentico_RichardS - 11/12/2013 1:29:26 AM

RE:Sharing dynamic document instances across multiple sites
Hi David,

Thank you for your message.

If I understand you correctly and you want to use the documents accross the site you dont need to create linked documents. What you might do is that when you are e.g. trying to display those document in different site you can click on the select Path property in the repeater and in the opened modal windows you can select from which site take the document. The Site option is a drop-down list in the upper left corner of the modal window.

Once you select different site its tree will appear and you can choose your documents.

Kind regards,
Richard Sustek