Site structure
Version 7.x > Site structure > Redirect on user-agent View modes: 
chris.worthington-barclayvouchers.co - 11/6/2013 1:11:03 AM

Redirect on user-agent
Hello,

I've tried to add a web part for redirecting a page based on user-agents for Japanese cell phones. The user-agent should be DoCoMo, so I added a web-part and listed DoCoMo under the user agent for small devices (I can't find a definition of what constitutes a "small device" versus a "large device").

It worked when I used an Android, but for some reason, other user-agents don't work. Does anybody have any clues for me?

Thank you

chris.worthington-barclayvouchers.co - 11/6/2013 3:16:03 AM

RE:Redirect on user-agent
Update - I added all types of user agents and confirmed that the right user agent WAS appearing in the logs. Nevertheless, it wouldn't redirect on anything other than Androids and iPhones.

Can anyone confirm if the redirect by user-agent actually works? I know it works in things like PHP using a regular expression, but since I'm finding limited documentation both here and elsewhere, it looks doubtful that Kentico redirects based on user-agent.

If anyone has any clue, please let me know. Thanks

Kentico Consulting
Kentico Consulting
Kentico_RichardS - 11/7/2013 3:54:12 AM

Hi,

Just to inform others, this topic is being continued in http://devnet.kentico.com/Forums/f60/t41504/Make-an-entire-page-invisible.aspx

Kind regards,
Richard Sustek

Certified Developer 12
Certified Developer 12
kentico-jx2tech - 11/7/2013 6:42:48 AM

A newer version(July 2013) of the Lite Device Data contains DoCoMo UA profiles...
http://51degrees.codeplex.com/releases/view/110787

You can try upload the binary file into Kentico. I am not sure if this will work in version 6 that you indicated in the other thread.

The premium data contains more recent UAs if Lite version is too old for the devices that you want to detect.

chris.worthington-barclayvouchers.co - 11/7/2013 8:23:59 PM

Thanks, kentico-jx2tech. Where do I upload them to?

As mentioned, I am running Kentico 6 (sorry for posting this in the wrong forum).

Certified Developer 12
Certified Developer 12
kentico-jx2tech - 11/7/2013 9:25:43 PM

It looks like 51degrees detection was implemented in version 7. I will follow up in the version 6 thread.