ASPX templates
Version 7.x > ASPX templates > No Page - Save Icon in CMSDesk View modes: 
elp-gmx - 10/21/2013 7:52:52 AM

No Page - Save Icon in CMSDesk
Hi,

we are experiencing a weird issue: after updating an existing website (kentico 5.5 to 6 and then 7), we are not able to save a page after editing in CMSDesk. There is simply no button below the "Page" Tab in editing mode. Pressing "Ctrl + s" works and the content will be stored.

Any ideas about that issue?

Kentico Customer Success
Kentico Customer Success
kentico_martind2 - 10/22/2013 3:24:40 AM

RE:No Page - Save Icon in CMSDesk
Hello,

Have you experienced any errors during the upgrading?
Are using CMSPageManager or CMSPortalManager in your master page? Creating ASPX master pages

Best regards,
Martin Danko

elp-gmx - 10/22/2013 3:44:59 AM

hi,

we are using the CMSPageManager as recommended. It is an upgraded template from version 5.5, everything is working, even pressing "ctrl + s" saves the page, but i cannot see the edit buttons (save) below the page tab. When switching to "form", the save button is visible.

thanks in advance

Kentico Customer Success
Kentico Customer Success
kentico_martind2 - 10/22/2013 4:20:28 AM

Hello,

Unfortunately, that is not recommended. You should use the CMSPortalManager in combination with ajaxToolkit:ToolkitScriptManager in version 7. This is most probably also the reason why you are experiencing the problem with missing button.
So please update your master page template according to the example from Dev Guide.

Best regards,
Martin Danko

elp-gmx - 10/22/2013 5:08:14 AM

Thankyou - i changed it to use the CMSPortalManager - now i'm getting this error in the frontend and backend when requesting the page:
The control collection cannot be modified during DataBind, Init, Load, PreRender or Unload phases.

CMS.ExtendedControls.ContextMenuContainer.AddMenuControl(Boolean throwException) +421

Kentico Customer Success
Kentico Customer Success
kentico_martind2 - 10/22/2013 6:03:55 AM

Hello,

You can find many threads with the same issue on our forums... simply just try to search the solution before posting, e.g.: ASPX + Portal Page - The control collection cannot be modified during DataBind, Init, Load, PreRender or Unload phases.

In other wise, please post a complete code of your master page.

Best regards,
Martin Danko

elp-gmx - 10/22/2013 6:18:10 AM

Hi, finally got it working:
 <ajaxToolkit:ToolkitScriptManager ID="tScriptManager" runat="server" EnableViewState="false" ScriptMode="Release">
<Scripts>
</Scripts>
</ajaxToolkit:ToolkitScriptManager>
<cms:CMSPortalManager ID="CMSPortalManager1" ShortID="m" runat="server" EnableViewState="false" />
<cms:ContextMenuPlaceHolder ID="plcCtx" runat="server" />

one small problem is left: the contextmenu is not styled in any case (like in the form tabs) and looks awful - how can i style this buttons or is there any theme which can be applied?

thanks in advance
elmar

Kentico Customer Success
Kentico Customer Success
kentico_martind2 - 10/26/2013 7:09:22 AM

Hello Elmar,

Excellent! And could you please upload a screenshot where you will highlight the context menu you are talking about? I'm not sure what menu do you have on your mind.

Best regards,
Martin Danko