Installation and deployment
Version 7.x > Installation and deployment > CMSApp.csproj references absent files after installing barebones web application project View modes: 
bdrenner-new42 - 1/29/2014 1:22:13 PM

CMSApp.csproj references absent files after installing barebones web application project
I'm using the Kentico 7 installer (KenticoCMS_7_0.exe) to generate a new web application project. I want a barebones project with no unnecessary components, so under "Components" I uncheck everything possible.

Further, under "Installation type", I select "Built-in web server in Visual Studio", ".NET Framework 4.5", and "Web application project". I point it to an empty folder. Under "Database" I uncheck "Installation with database".

The installer generates the web application files, complete with CMSApp.csproj build script. Unfortunately, CMSApp.csproj references all those components that I opted not to install. CSC reports that there are about 2920 source files that cannot be found. Therefore, the solution will not compile.

Does this mean that I have to manually remove 2920 lines from the project file? Is the only alternative to do a full install, with all those components I won't use?

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_jurajo - 2/9/2014 4:06:58 AM

RE:CMSApp.csproj references absent files after installing barebones web application project
Hi,

I am sorry to hear about this inconvenience. It sounds like a bug to me and I have reported it to our developers too. I hope they will come with some workaround or even fix this issue soon.

Best regards,
Juraj Ondrus