Installation and deployment
Version 7.x > Installation and deployment > Delay in published page going live View modes: 
esolutions - 1/13/2014 4:17:59 PM

Delay in published page going live
Hi,
The site I'm working on has "Versioning without workflow" turned on, "Automatically publish changes changes" checked off, and "Use check-in/check-out" set to "Yes". When I create a new page, set the Publish from date to "now" and the publish to date to two weeks from the current date, save it, check it in and publish it. I noticed the publish icon beside the document in the content tree is half green and half red. The step is set to "Published" (Properties > Workflow). The page is not live. About a minute later, I refresh the site and the page is live. The icon for the page has turned to green in the content tree.
Does anyone know of any reason why there would be a delay in the page going live?

Kentico Consulting
Kentico Consulting
Kentico_RichardS - 1/14/2014 3:20:40 AM

RE:Delay in published page going live
Hi Shelly,

Thank you for your message.

According to our documentation -> http://devnet.kentico.com/docs/devguide/document_status_icons.htm

The red-green icon appears next to documents that are scheduled to be published in the future. Without workflow, this happens when the Publish from value on their Form tab is set to a future date and time.

So that would mean there is some time difference between your computer and the server computer (at least I guess). This is quite strange issue. Can you tell what is the time frame difference?

Also you can try going to Site manager -> Administration -> Scheduled task -> Select your site in the drop down menu. Try to run Content Publishing task right after you create the document. Does it get published?

Kind regards,
Richard Sustek

esolutions - 1/14/2014 9:44:11 AM

Hi, Thank you for your response. When I go into Site Manager > Administration > Scheduled task and run Content Publishing task right after creating, checking in and publishing the page it gets published immediately (green icon).
Without running it, it takes almost a minute before it appears published (green/red icon to green icon) and displays on the live site.

Kentico Legend
Kentico Legend
Brenden Kehren - 1/14/2014 12:58:26 PM

esolutions wrote: Without running it, it takes almost a minute before it appears published (green/red icon to green icon) and displays on the live site.
The scheduled task to publish content runs every minute which is why it might take up to a minute to see the changes. You could also check your caching settings too.