Installation and deployment
Version 7.x > Installation and deployment > Installation Problem View modes: 
colin.head-kaba - 8/22/2013 8:13:46 AM

Installation Problem
I have recently downloaded the trial version of Kentico. I am looking to deploy onto a company server and potentially use it as our intranet. I have full control of said server.

My problem is that I can't for the life of me get it going. I have

A fresh install of Windows Server R2 with all the latest windows updates
Web Server (IIS) Role added.
.NET 4.0 Framework installed
SQL Express Installed

When I run the installer (V7) it never seems to detect the presence of IIS. It always install IIS Express, which I do not want. I have successfully installed using IIS Express but then cannot access the site remotely, only through local host. I am about to give up.

Are there any pre-requisites or special configurations needed for IIS? I have trawled this site and can't find mention of any or of anyone else experiencing this problem.

I fully except that I may just be being stupid, but I have not had any problems with the other CMS systems I am trialling.

Kentico Legend
Kentico Legend
Brenden Kehren - 8/22/2013 11:38:56 AM

RE:Installation Problem
What were your selections for installing the IIS role? Is there a default website created in IIS? Is it running? Is the IIS service running?

colin.head-kaba - 8/27/2013 3:16:40 AM

When I installed IIS I checked the following options

User image

I have created a default website which is running fine and I can connect to it from another PC.

It is worth mentioning that since failing with the Kentico install I have managed to install two other CMS products, both on this same server without problem.

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_radekm - 8/27/2013 3:42:56 AM

Hello.

We tested it in our environment and IIS is loaded well. So far, we are not able to reproduce this issue. However, we will keep an eye on it and if we have any further info about possible cause of the problem, we will try to fix it. So far, please use classic installer: download.kentico.com/KenticoCMS_7_0_classic.exe

Best Regards,
Radek Macalik

colin.head-kaba - 8/27/2013 4:00:40 AM

Hi Radek,

I have downloaded the classic installer and this recognised the IIS installation. I now have a running demo of Kentico.

I am unsure what the difference could be?

Thank you for your help.

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_radekm - 9/2/2013 3:30:06 AM

Hello.

There is no difference between a web site installed by classic installer and new installer. Except of supported .NET versions - Classic installer supports also .NET 3.5 SP1, while new installer supports .NET 4.0/4.5 only.

Best Regards,
Radek Macalik

Certified Developer 8
Certified Developer 8
dipo-dipolediamond - 1/16/2014 7:02:16 AM

Having the same issue here. The installer does not recognise the presence of IIS

Kentico Customer Success
Kentico Customer Success
kentico_martind2 - 1/24/2014 6:29:29 PM

Hello,

One of our customers has also this problem a few days ago and he has followed the steps here: Install and Configure Internet Information Services

A number of items were missing for the .NET installation. Notably HTTP Activation.

Best Regards,
Martin Danko