Portal Engine Questions on portal engine and web parts.
Version 7.x > Portal Engine > sitemap webpart View modes: 
mohammed.saifulhaq-wirestorm - 2/4/2014 8:40:00 AM

sitemap webpart
Hi there,

I have created a blank menu item and placed the sitemap webpart on it, it is now creating the sitemap but not in xml, i want it in xml form, how to achieve it ? If i see the page source following html is shown

<ul class="CMSSiteMapList"><li class="CMSSiteMapListItem"><a href="/Accommodations" class="CMSSiteMapLink">Accommodations</a></li></ul>

Instead of above format i want it to be in xml form

<urlset xmlns="http://www.sitemaps.org/schemas/sitemap/0.9">
<url>
<loc>http://localhost/Accommodations</loc>
<lastmod>2011-08-19</lastmod>
</url>
</urlset >

Kentico Legend
Kentico Legend
Brenden Kehren - 2/4/2014 1:45:26 PM

RE:sitemap webpart
You're using the wrong Webpart. You need to use the XMLSiteMap webpart or use the default www.yourdomain.com/googlesitemap.xml. The default works although the XMLSiteMap webpart gives you much more control of what is in the sitemap.

mohammed.saifulhaq-wirestorm - 2/7/2014 9:07:36 AM

Thanks FroggEye!

I have few more questions on this. Why i am not seeing it in the webpart section in CMSdesk ?, while i can see "site map" webpart which you said was wrong in my case, why i cant see "xmlsitemap" ?

To solve this i went to CMSManager->Development->Webparts->Navigation and still don't find this xmlsitemap webpart so I added new webpart and selected the source "~/CMSWebParts/Navigation/xmlsitemap.ascx" and clicked save.

Now i can see the xmlsitemap in CMSDesk. To use it i dropped this webpart onto the screen and tried to customize it using its properties but i don't find any properties to customize it. for e.g. i want to have a sitemap for particular path only. How this is possible with this control ?

kentico_davidb2 - 2/7/2014 10:45:32 PM

The webpart is called Google Sitemap (XML Sitemap). If you do not have it within webparts, it may be due to an upgrade or somebody might have accidentally deleted it...
Please use the attached export in this case.

The webpart does have Path property to specify the generated content.

Also, if you decide you do not want to use the webpart approach, please see: http://devnet.kentico.com/docs/devguide/google_site_map.htm

Saif - 2/19/2014 5:19:25 AM

Attachment is not working, and i want to use the webpart in different pages since i want to generate multiple webparts. can you share any db script through which this control is added into cms and start showing in Webpart section ?

kentico_davidb2 - 2/28/2014 7:31:33 AM

Please try right clicking on the attachment, select save as, change type to all files and change the extension to .zip

Then you can import it in Site manager -> Sites -> Imports sites or objects

There is just a restriction on uploading zip files, so I had to do it this way. Should you have further issues with this, please let me know and I can share it dome other way.