Portal Engine Questions on portal engine and web parts.
Version 7.x > Portal Engine > Events Calendar View modes: 
edwincwong-gmail - 11/26/2012 2:06:18 AM

Events Calendar
Hi, I started using Kentico system for a little while. I would like to add a Calendar Web Part like the one in the sample Intranet site ( Intranet Portal ) to my 7.0 site.

However, the design of the EventCalendar web part in the Intranet Portal site looks different from the out of the box Events Calendar web part. I understand the blue title bar can be added in CSS. How about the "current month" background-color (#EEEEEE). Where can I custom it so that it will add those "class" ( Day, Weekend, OtherMonth ) to the different dates of the month?

Looking forward to hear you!

Regards,

Edwin

davids-kentico - 11/28/2012 12:39:50 PM

RE:Events Calendar
Hi,

You got the class names right, so to define the classes' style, simply add them to your site's stylesheet in Site Manager -> Development -> CSS stylesheets. That will do the trick. You can even find the definitions in the Intranet Portal's stylesheet so if you're customizing the sample portal, just search for the class names using your browser search and modify what you need.

Does this help or did I get your question completely wrong? :)

edwincwong-gmail - 11/28/2012 12:53:27 PM

Hi.

Right, I understand that I can define the the CSS styles for those classes in my stylesheet. However, I can't figure out how to add those "classes" to the Calendar web part.

When I look at the source, I only see the TD with="14%", but not the class="Day" on the TD, on the out of the box event calendar web part that I added to my page. However, when I look at the source for the Intranet Solution, I do find those classes defined there.

My question is: where do i change the settings on the Events Calendar webpart so that it will define the classes for each "day"?

Thank you so much for your help!

Edwin

davids-kentico - 11/29/2012 2:34:35 AM

So I did get it wrong, sorry for that.

If your calendar doesn't render the classes for its cells, you need to assign a skin to the web part.

Take a look at the example calendar web part's properties, there's a property called Skin ID, with its value set to "EventCalendar" or something like that.

Then view your application files in the file system and navigate to App_Themes/<SiteName> and edit Default.skin. You'll see a code block starting with

<cms:CMSCalendar Runat="server" SkinID="EventCalendar" ...

... which is what you want to add to the skin file of your website.

More info here: App themes in the Developer's Guide

edwincwong-gmail - 11/30/2012 1:10:45 AM

Perfect! This is exactly what I am looking for! Thanks!

Edwin