Portal Engine Questions on portal engine and web parts.
Version 7.x > Portal Engine > Macros in Dynamic newsletters View modes: 
andrew-xcomms - 12/13/2012 7:35:35 AM

Macros in Dynamic newsletters
I would like to personalise a Dynamic Newsletter by adding "Dear XXX" at the start. The newsletter needs to be Dynamic (i.e. exist as a page in the CMS tree) for other reasons.

According to the article below, the {%FirstName%} macro (and all other macros) are not resolved. http://devnet.kentico.com/Knowledge-Base/E-mail-Engine/Resolving-macros-in-Dynamic-Newsletter.aspx

At the end of the article is states: Note: Personalization of dynamic newsletter is possible in the out-of-box solution from version 7.0

I'm using 7.0, and have tried this feature, but it doesn't seem to pick up the macros. Can you confirm if it is supposed to work and if the feature was added or not?

Kentico Customer Success
Kentico Customer Success
kentico_martind2 - 12/14/2012 8:05:03 AM

RE:Macros in Dynamic newsletters
Hi,

you don't need this workaround in v7, my colleague has already updated the KB article, so take a look at the bottom and read the updated information about using resolvers in v7: Resolving macros in Dynamic Newsletter - With update for v7

Thank you for letting us know about this change!

Best regards,
Martin Danko

andrew-xcomms - 12/14/2012 9:15:46 AM

Thank you Martin, this saved me writing a boat-load of nasty code.

Kentico Customer Success
Kentico Customer Success
kentico_martind2 - 12/15/2012 5:28:09 AM

Hi Andrew,

You're welcome... I hope that updated KB article will help also a few more people in the future. Thank you for your suggestion again!

Best regards,
Martin Danko