Portal Engine Questions on portal engine and web parts.
Version 7.x > Portal Engine > Online Users web part functionality View modes: 
Aon_Vlado - 1/10/2013 2:27:26 PM

Online Users web part functionality
I am not sure what am I doing wrong.
The Visiblity section of OnLineUsers web part has property: "Display to roles" where I selected my BizAdmin role. This web part is correctly displaying only to users in BizAdmin role but is showing only users online who are in BizAdmin role. I would like it works the same way as Online User in CMSDesk-Administration-Users and I thought “Display to roles” would not filter out all other roles to be listed.
Is there any workaround?

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_radekm - 1/15/2013 2:26:41 PM

RE:Online Users web part functionality
Hello.

I am using KCMS 7.0.15 and so far I am not able to reproduce this problem. I have two users belonging to two roles - role A and role B. When I set Display to roles property to Role A, it still displays user from Role B as well.

Could you please try to apply the latest hotfix and make sure that you are not seeing old cached data?

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Radek Macalik

Aon_Vlado - 1/17/2013 8:05:30 AM

I applied the latest hotfix (15) and tried with various combinations of users/roles and cannot find a pattern how it works. Some roles see only users from the same role and some roles see all. It may have something to do with being editor. Not sure what is happening, but we cannot use this web part until works without surprises. I definitely do not see any online users as global admin in CMSDesk.
If I may suggest I would add new settings to the web part: Display users from role, Include editors, Include global admins

Thanks,
Vlado

Aon_Vlado - 1/17/2013 8:18:42 AM

I increased the setting Site Manager->Settings->Security & Membership->Update on-line users (minutes) from the default 1 to 3 and it seems to be working OK.

Regards,
Vlado