Portal Engine Questions on portal engine and web parts.
Version 7.x > Portal Engine > Wildcard URLs in Web Analytics View modes: 
Certified Developer v7
Certified  Developer v7
kraihn - 4/17/2013 12:28:31 PM

Wildcard URLs in Web Analytics
Hello,

Is it possible to have Wildcard URLs be logged in the Web Analytics of Kentico?

I created a page with an alias like "/MyPage/{CustomID}" for using Kentico Wildcards. I would like the CustomID to mark the page as unique from other pages under that grouping, but my Web Analytics only show hits on the root page "/MyPage". There are no hits on "/MyPage/123".

Thanks,
Jared

kentico_sandroj - 4/17/2013 4:36:47 PM

RE:Wildcard URLs in Web Analytics
Hello,

I have posted a response to your support ticket; however, I would also like to include it here for future reference and for other members:

The default Web Analytics Page views statistics logs the views of the pages as they're defined in the content tree - i.e. it will log the view for the single page that has the wildcard URL or wildcard document alias defined.

You will need to setup a custom analytics statistics, where the code that logs the hit will get the current URL or a value of the wildcard parameter (using QueryHelper.GetString("parameterName")).

It can be placed in a web part or control, which will be used in the page template, or alternatively in the Master page - you can eventually replace the standard statistics used for Page Views analytics report.

Please see the comprehensive article