Portal Engine Questions on portal engine and web parts.
Version 7.x > Portal Engine > Form Field Label View modes: 
nanite2000 - 4/11/2013 5:02:01 PM

Form Field Label
Hi,

I'm using Kentico v7.0.26.

Does anyone know if it's possible to add a label (e.g. descriptive text) among the list of fields in the Form tab of a document.

For example, I have an image upload form control. I want to add a label next to it that lists the preferred image dimensions that fit the design of our site.

I have tried adding a field of type 'Text' and 'LongText', setting the form control to 'Label' and then setting some default text. Unfortunately, the default text gets saved in to the document table along with all the other field values, so any changes made to the label in the Site Settings aren't shown when the document is reloaded.

I can use a custom form page, but that means I have to manually edit the form any time I add/modify fields on my document types.

All I want to do is insert a piece of descriptive text into the middle of my forms.

What is the best way to do this?

Thanks.

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_romank - 4/12/2013 5:00:44 AM

RE:Form Field Label
Hi,

I will still recommend you to use custom form layout, even if that means that you will have to modify that layout manually. In custom form layout you can always click to generate table layout or copy the existing one, and then you will just apply the changes you have made, i. e. add a row to the table with new field.

However if you still dont want to use custom form layout, there is an alternative. In Site Manager -> form controls and here click on the arrow of the control, i. e. upload file and choose clone. After you clone this control you can edit the layout of that control in visual studio. Files usually can be found here /CMSFormControls/Basic/

I hope this information will help you.

Best Regards,
Roman Konicek