Portal Engine Questions on portal engine and web parts.
Version 7.x > Portal Engine > Missing Workflows Icons View modes: 
Certified Developer v7
Certified  Developer v7
yoek - 4/10/2013 1:35:37 AM

Missing Workflows Icons
Hi,

Is there any reason why the icons are missing as below pic? I know this is not affecting any functionality, but really good if we can have this. What need to be done for this?

User image

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_filipl - 4/11/2013 2:26:51 AM

RE:Missing Workflows Icons
Hi,

Have you upgraded recently? If so, have the icons disappeared after that? If not, could you describe when you have noticed this problem started to occur?

It should work by default for Kentico CMS v7.0.28 which you are using.

Thank you in advance for additional information regarding this problem.

Best regards,
Filip Ligac

Certified Developer v7
Certified  Developer v7
yoek - 4/11/2013 2:30:27 AM

Yes, I'm upgrading it, previous it was V5 R2. Is there any special action need to be done for this?

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_filipl - 4/11/2013 2:49:04 AM

Hi,

Could you please try to follow these steps:

1. Backup your ~\App_Themes\Default\Images folder as first
2. Delete all the files and folders in the folder ~\App_Themes\Default\Images, except for the DocumentTypeIcons folder
3. Make sure the Images.zip archive is located in the folder ~\App_Themes\Default\Images

The problem could be that there was a change in loading of the images between versions 5.5R2 and 7 - in version 7 the images are loaded directly from Images.zip file so it could have caused this issue.

Please let me know if this suggestion helps.

Best regards,
Filip Ligac

Certified Developer v7
Certified  Developer v7
yoek - 4/11/2013 3:16:52 AM

Trying the method, still doesn't work, image is still missing.

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_filipl - 4/11/2013 4:20:04 AM

Hi,

Could you check that you have the icons below in your Content tree? I just want to make sure they really exist in Images folder since the same icons are used for Copy document and Delete document buttons in the Workflow toolbar.

User image

Additionally, is the Workflow - Steps tab the only place where you have found missing icons?

Best regards,
Filip Ligac

Kentico Legend
Kentico Legend
Brenden Kehren - 4/12/2013 12:40:16 PM

I've always had to unzip the images.zip folder in order for any of the images to be shown. I knew they were zipped up but didn't know the system read from the .zip file.

So I tried this and removed all the file/folders and cleared my cache and restarted the website and all seems to work. You might have to restart the website/iis and refresh your browser to see the images.