Portal Engine Questions on portal engine and web parts.
Version 7.x > Portal Engine > Events (booking system) - Send Email (mass) View modes: 
@davey_lad - 4/19/2013 4:50:00 AM

Events (booking system) - Send Email (mass)
Hi,

When using the events (booking system) administration interface in CMS Desk > Tools > Events there are options to 1) re-send the invitation email to an attendee individually or 2) send a mass email to all attendee's

My question is, is there anyway to re-send the invitaion to all attendee's or, in other words can the invitation email template be used somehow by the WYSIWYG editor ? It's seems unproductive that a mass email needs to be typed out everytime when there's already a template defined in the system that could potentially be used.

Cheers
Dave

@davey_lad - 4/23/2013 4:55:10 AM

RE:Events (booking system) - Send Email (mass)
I guess the answer is no

kentico_sandroj - 4/27/2013 6:44:29 PM

Hi,

You could modify the control to include the formatting as needed (either static or pull from the database) or you could copy/paste the HTML from a flat file such as a text file.

The control that needs to be modified is in:

~\CMSModules\EventManager\Controls\EventAttendeesSendEmail.ascx
~\CMSModules\EventManager\Controls\EventAttendeesSendEmail.ascx.cs

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,
Sandro

@davey_lad - 4/29/2013 2:45:12 AM

Thanks for the reply Sandro,

It's as I expected .. you have to modify a core control. Would this give me problems in the future with hotfixes etc ?

Kentico Legend
Kentico Legend
Brenden Kehren - 4/30/2013 7:54:32 AM

@davey_lad wrote: Thanks for the reply Sandro,

It's as I expected .. you have to modify a core control. Would this give me problems in the future with hotfixes etc ?

Then why not create your own module and copy this exisiting module so you can make customizations to it. It is way more flexible than you expect, just have to be willing to take the leap to do it. Just because its a small modification to a core control doesn't mean it can't be done or that future hotfixes won't be applied.

Submit your suggestions on http://kentico.uservoice.com if you thing they should be part of the core. You have to ask yourself, how many times have you needed this functionality for different clients? If you use it all the time, create your own but if not, then why would Kentico want to weigh down the product with useless items that may or may not be used.

@davey_lad - 4/30/2013 8:01:38 AM

Hi FroggEye,

I don't have any issue with undertaking such a task, however the client sometimes dictates the path. In this case, they want minimal customisations (fom a backend/admin point of view).. their thinking being that the closer to an out of box solution it is the easier it would be to support going forward.

And I have already created such a request on user voice.. perhaps you'd like to vote it up ;)

@davey_lad - 4/30/2013 8:02:12 AM

http://kentico.uservoice.com/forums/181380-features-community-intranet/suggestions/3906511-events-booking-system-enhancements