Portal Engine Questions on portal engine and web parts.
Version 7.x > Portal Engine > User Contribution Edit Redirects to List View modes: 
matt-awg - 5/20/2013 11:57:35 AM

User Contribution Edit Redirects to List
I have a custom document type that I made by cloning the blog post document type. This allows me to use the blogs and blog comments features but customize the actual posts. This is working fine but I want front end authenticated users to be able to add posts. I have this working using the user contribution list web part but I am having a problem with the edit user contribution web part. When you click edit, the page redirects you to the listing page (Blog). I can't remember exactly when but I know it did work at some point earlier in the development process.

My question really is just what would cause the user contribution edit web part to redirect to the listing page? There is no error in the event log. Some type of security issue? I am logged in as a user and the web part "Allow editing by users*:" property is set to authenticated, "check permissions" is unchecked, "Show for document types:" is set to my custom document type. I also have a repeater (for displaying the list) and the user contribution list (for adding new items) web parts on the page and they are working correctly.

I found this: http://devnet.kentico.com/docs/7_0/communitysiteguide/index.html?creating_the_blogs_page.htm
in the documentation and followed the steps that are relevant for my site so I am not sure what is causing this or where to even look next.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Matt

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_romank - 5/21/2013 3:48:47 AM

RE:User Contribution Edit Redirects to List
Hi,

I have followed your steps which you have described and for me it works as it should. Did you try to create new page and follow these steps again? If yes, did you have the same problem?

Let me summarize your problem, you have structure as below, and when you click on edit, you are immediately redirect to "Blog list" right? So you are unable to edit blog post.

Blog list
-blog 1 [edit]
-blog 2 [edit]
-blog 3 [edit]

Also did you try to edit the blog post logged as Administrator? It does not work either?

Best Regards,
Roman Konicek