Portal Engine Questions on portal engine and web parts.
Version 7.x > Portal Engine > Insert Category into BizForm custom form layout? View modes: 
matt-awg - 5/18/2013 2:17:57 PM

Insert Category into BizForm custom form layout?
How do you insert a category (not a field) into a custom form layout on a bizform? I have some categories set up with localization on their Category Caption but there seems to be no way to insert them into the custom form layout, you can only insert fields and a submit button. I searched around and I can't even find a mention of this, documentation and forum posts only seem to mention fields, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt

kentico_sandroj - 5/18/2013 2:49:34 PM

RE:Insert Category into BizForm custom form layout?
Hi Matt,

Could you please clarify what you would like to do with the categories? Is the aim to give the users an option to select a category for their submission? If so, you could add a dropdown, radio buttons or something similar that has a list of categories. The user selection would be saved as a part of the form but you could also save it to a custom table by following this example. Also, form text localization.

Please let me know if this will work or if you had something else in mind.

Regards,
Sandro

matt-awg - 5/18/2013 3:23:34 PM

Hi Sandro,
Thanks for the reply. I am building a biz form. Along with "Fields" you can add "Categories" that are like separators between sections of fields. I am localizing the captions of these Categories and it works fine using the default form. When I create a custom form layout, I add the field labels and inputs and that all shows up fine, including the localizations I have done on the field names. BUT, there is no way to add the categories that I have localized inside the custom form layout. It is not a user input thing so I don't need to add drop downs and such. I just want to add the categories that are already part of the form and are localized into the custom layout. Am I explaining this more clearly this time? Let me know and I can include a screen shot or something if needed.
Thanks,
Matt

kentico_sandroj - 5/19/2013 12:27:30 PM

Hi Matt,

Thank you for the additional clarification. In order to add the categories you would manually adjust the layout and add the expressions again, e.g.

<table>
<tbody>
<tr>
<td>
{$=Hello|en-US=Hallo|it-IT=Ciao$}</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>
$$label:TestFormCategoriesID$$</td>
<td>
$$input:TestFormCategoriesID$$</td>
<td>
$$validation:TestFormCategoriesID$$</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>
$$label:UserName$$</td>
<td>
$$input:UserName$$</td>
<td>
$$validation:UserName$$</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>

Does that help? Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Sandro

matt-awg - 5/19/2013 1:14:58 PM

Hi Sandro,
Thanks for the advice. I was hoping I did not have to re-localize it though as in your sample code. I actually realized that it works using the existing localized resource string that I was using for the Category - for example:

{$custom.SampleKey.SampleHeading$}

It works this way and I don't have to localize it again. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction though.
Thanks,
Matt