Portal Engine Questions on portal engine and web parts.
Version 7.x > Portal Engine > Reset Password Errors View modes: 
Kentico Legend
Kentico Legend
Brenden Kehren - 8/21/2013 1:57:09 PM

Reset Password Errors
I'm getting errors when we use the reset password functionality with a page in our content tree with the reset password webpart on it. I request a password reset email/link and when the click on the link to reset their password I receive errors like below in the event log. I can also request the email/link and click the link 100 times without an issue.

Any idea what would cause the issue aside from someone requesting the email several times (and previous expire) or the link is simply expired because its been too long or because they have clicked the "Cancel" link?

Errors vary from:

I can request the password right now, receive the email a minute later and click on the link after I open my email and I receive an invalid request message. How can the request be invalid in less than a minute or two? I've even set the requests to be valid for 12 hours and still receive this error.

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_zdenekc - 9/1/2013 1:31:04 PM

RE:Reset Password Errors
Hi,

That's strange...we haven't received reports about such behavior yet. The first error may appear, but not immediatelly after generating the password reset link...
The request identifier not found error could be related to expiration, but hash validation failed suggests another cause can be behind this.

There were no such bugs found, so the only way to find out will be to further analyze your site configuration and settings, URL processing, event log details, etc.
Would it be possible to send us those details via email?

Thank you in advance for your cooperation and response.

Regards,
Zdenek

Kentico Legend
Kentico Legend
Brenden Kehren - 9/3/2013 9:51:15 AM

Zdenek, what specifically would you need? I can send whatever you need or give you access to view.

Kentico Legend
Kentico Legend
Brenden Kehren - 9/9/2013 10:59:02 AM

This appears to be a bug and will be resolved by Kentico. When I receive more info, I'll post.