Portal Engine Questions on portal engine and web parts.
Version 7.x > Portal Engine > getting all draft document View modes: 
yogasukma - 12/4/2013 3:16:05 AM

getting all draft document
hello guys,

i just search around to find how to query all drafted document. but i can't find it.

i will use this to check with scheduler task. so if any document still draft and not yet approved by admin in a week, the admin will get email notifier.

do you have any idea how to do it?

thanks a lot

kentico_sandroj - 12/4/2013 5:50:16 PM

RE:getting all draft document
Hello,

What does the drafted status mean on your site? Is it a column for a document type that defines the status or is it the Edit mode for workflow, or something else?

Best Regards,
Sandro

yogasukma - 12/4/2013 10:12:01 PM

no, i meant post that not published.

in my case,
all post author can make a post/document, but all of them not published, waiting an approval by administrator. i know kentico can make workflows to send email to admin when document created and waiting approval. but sometimes the admin forget to approve. so i want to make reminder if a document not approved in a week.

so i make scheduled task, but i still confuse how to get these "not published / waiting approval" document and send the title to administrator email.

kentico_sandroj - 12/5/2013 8:46:09 PM

Hi,

Please see workflow internals and workflow process, especially example "Publish the document" from the second article. With the workflow/versioning API knowledge, you could make your own code that will go through documents of specified type from specified content path and if they're unpublished, you can send the e-mail using the API.

Would this work? Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,
Sandro

yogasukma - 12/6/2013 3:17:50 AM

i still try to explore it, i'll let you know if im succedd