Bug reports Found a bug? Post it here please.
Version 6.x > Bug reports > UI Personalization - My Desk View modes: 
Certified Developer v7
Certified  Developer v7
CMeeg - 2/21/2012 6:25:01 AM

UI Personalization - My Desk
Hello,

When viewing CMS Desk > My Desk I'd like to hide Blogs, Friends, Messages and Projects in the ribbon from CMS Desk Administrators.

I've gone to UI Personalization, changed role to CMS Desk Administrators and module to My Desk and unchecked those 4 options.

When I login as a CMS Desk Administrator I still see these 4 options in the ribbon. Am I doing something wrong or are these settings not being observed by the ribbon?

I'm using v6 HotFix 6.0.17

kentico_michal - 2/21/2012 6:41:11 AM

RE:UI Personalization - My Desk
Hello,

This should be sufficient to hide these tabs. However, could you please make sure that the UI personalization is enabled in the Site Manager -> Settings -> Security & Membership -> Enable UI personalization check-box.

Best regards,
Michal Legen

Certified Developer v7
Certified  Developer v7
CMeeg - 2/21/2012 6:47:22 AM

Hi Michal,

I've checked for you and UI personalization is enabled. I'm still seeing those options in the ribbon however.

Thanks,
Chris

kentico_michal - 2/23/2012 8:46:28 AM

Hello,

Can you still access, for example, the Friends page or is there any error displayed that you are not authorized to access this page?

Best regards,
Michal Legen

Certified Developer v7
Certified  Developer v7
CMeeg - 2/23/2012 9:25:53 AM

Hi Michal,

I can still see the Blogs page, Friends I can't see but only because the site is using a Small Business License and so it's showing me a "feature not available" message.

I just tried removing permissions for the Blogs module for the CMS Desk Administrator role through both CMS Desk > Administration > Permissions and Site Manager > Development > Modules > Blogs > User interface and neither of those seemed to have any effect either.

Thanks,
Chris

kentico_michal - 3/6/2012 4:58:22 AM

Hello,

It is quite strange as I tested it and it seemed to work correctly. If you still encounter this issue, could you please write us an email to support@kentico.com and provide us with access to your CMS so we could investigate it furher? Thank you.

Best regards,
Michal Legen

Certified Developer v6
Certified Developer v6
szarouski - 3/2/2012 3:41:52 PM

I have same issues with other user roles. Trying to hide some stuff from WYSIWYG (which appears in edit contribution) for particular role and it doesn't seem to be working (can't hide widget control). Also in edit contribution form for my document type I can't upload image through direct uploader - it says "You are not authorized to perform this operation". And I already changed permissions for this role similar to content editor.

I'm using Kentico v6.0.4297. Any way to fix that?

Certified Developer v6
Certified Developer v6
szarouski - 3/4/2012 6:51:44 PM

Found answer for WYSIWYG personalization in edit contribution here.

Toolbar personalization on the live site is disabled by default. To change this, you need to enable it in your web.config file by adding the following key to the /configuration/appSettings section:

<add key="CKEditor:PersonalizeToolbarOnLiveSite" value="true" />

Certified Developer v6
Certified Developer v6
szarouski - 3/4/2012 8:00:36 PM

Also found what permissions do I need to be able to upload file here. Just need to add permissions for content module.

Allan - 3/18/2012 9:38:00 PM

CMeeg wrote: When viewing CMS Desk > My Desk I'd like to hide Blogs, Friends, Messages and Projects in the ribbon from CMS Desk Administrators.

I've gone to UI Personalization, changed role to CMS Desk Administrators and module to My Desk and unchecked those 4 options.

When I login as a CMS Desk Administrator I still see these 4 options in the ribbon. Am I doing something wrong or are these settings not being observed by the ribbon?

I'm using v6 HotFix 6.0.17

I am having the same issue, trying to hide other modules in My Desk, but it seems changing it on Site Manager > Administration > UI Personalisation has no effect. did you found any resolution to this?

Certified Developer v7
Certified  Developer v7
CMeeg - 3/19/2012 4:28:19 AM

No I still can't seem to hide those options using UI personalisation. TBH, I had given up and we're just going to tell the admins to ignore those sections. Not ideal of course, but there seems to be no other suggestions for getting this to work as expected.

Unfortunately I couldn't easily give Kentico support access to the site in question at the time as Michal suggested in his reply, but if this changes and I do end up getting in touch with Kentico and a resolution is suggested I will reply here.

Glad to know someone else has this issue though and it's not just me! If you happen to find out what the issue is could you let me know!

Cheers,
Chris

kentico_michal - 3/20/2012 2:02:00 AM

Hi guys,

I tried to reproduce thsi issue once again and I did not encounter the same issue. Please make sure that the UI personalization is enabled [Site Manager -> Settings -> Security & Membership -> Enable UI personalization]. Anyway, there is a drop-down list control that allows you select a particular site, so please check the UI personalization is enabled for your site.

Anyway, is the user assigned also another role?

Have you tried to assigned the user to some pre-defined roles, such as CMS Desk administrators and change the UI personalization for this role?

Also, please apply the latest hotfix if you have not done so already.

Best regards,
Michal Legen

Certified Developer 10
Certified Developer 10
Accepted solutionAccepted solution
SteveBiznet - 5/25/2012 10:23:36 AM

Hi Everyone,

I had the similar problem and was trying to find the solution. After some more digging, I think I may have found the problem.

The "Everyone" role has rights to all items in My Desk. That isn't shown in the user roles, but is in effect for anyone that logs in. The only thing checked for that role is ... everything under "My Desk"

Once I changed removed those rights from the Everyone role, the items within the desk went away as expected.

Steve

Certified Developer 8
Certified Developer 8
dipo-dipolediamond - 1/13/2014 12:47:40 PM

Thank you Steve, was almost pulling my hairs out wondering why the permissions were not changing.