Bug reports Found a bug? Post it here please.
Version 6.x > Bug reports > Imported Avatars not showing up in employee list View modes: 
Chanan - 4/21/2012 9:37:17 AM

Imported Avatars not showing up in employee list
6.0.28 - Intranet portal

We imported all of our employee list from AD and imported the Avatars as well. When I look in the User's Setting tab I do see the imported Avatar, but when I look at the employee list page, I see the default Avatar for all users. There are no errors in the log and I am not sure how to debug this further.

Chanan - 4/23/2012 8:30:33 AM

RE:Imported Avatars not showing up in employee list
To make things weirder, I just noticed that the avatar is displaying correctly in the Forum, just not in the employee list

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_zdenekc - 4/23/2012 7:07:55 PM

Hi,

That's really strange, but it would be most probably a mix of some Avatar storage and loading specifics in different places... The Employees list uses the following in the transformation:

<%# GetUserAvatarImage(30, HTMLEncode(TrimSitePrefix(GetNotEmpty("FullName;UserName")))) %>

While the Forums use some ascx layout and cms:UniView control with template using:
<%# AvatarImage(Container.DataItem) %>

The difference is that the FullName;UserName pair may not be well formed for AD imported users. Respectively, it could make some oddities when resolving the GetUserAvatarImage...

Could you please try to setup some user with standard name(s), upload an avatar for him and try to check if it's displayed in the Employees list?
Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Zdenek

Chanan - 4/24/2012 9:09:50 AM

Hi Zdenek,

When I set an avatar on a user from the Pre-defined list (to remove the chance that our code had a problem) on either an AD user or "regular" user - it still does not show up in the employee list, but it does show up on the Intranet profile page (DisplayIntranet Alternative form).

I checked and the code in the EmployeeList is unchanged:

<%# GetUserAvatarImage(30, HTMLEncode(TrimSitePrefix(GetNotEmpty("FullName;UserName")))) %>

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_zdenekc - 4/25/2012 8:08:58 AM

Hi,

Have you modified the avatars configuration in any way?
Which URL is generated as the image source when the default Avatars are displayed, is it the default avatar url?
Thank you in advance for information.

Regards,
Zdenek.

Chanan - 4/25/2012 8:58:51 AM

Hi Zdenek,

No changes were done to the avatar configuration.

Here is an example url:

/CMSModules/Avatars/CMSPages/GetAvatar.aspx?avatarguid=42f9d97e-b0c8-43a2-8a35-62dfec5ae64a&maxsidesize=30

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_zdenekc - 4/26/2012 8:09:03 AM

Hi,

If this is the link to the default avatar, then we need to search further -

It almost seems as if there was some column missing -- the one(s) that is passed to the GetUserAvatarImage function. Could you please check the settings of the listing web part (which uses the transformation)? Are you specifying selected columns for example?
Would it be optionally possible to send us an export of the Employees page template (via email)?

Thank you in advance for your cooperation and response.

Regards,
Zdenek

Chanan - 4/26/2012 1:41:38 PM

Thanks! That was the problem, someone edited the datasource and took out the AvatarGuid filed at some point.