Bug reports Found a bug? Post it here please.
Version 6.x > Bug reports > Problem with custom document type delete in Kentico 6.0 View modes: 
sree8885-gmail - 4/20/2012 1:02:34 AM

Problem with custom document type delete in Kentico 6.0
Hi

I'm facing a problem with deleting custom document type. Its showing the message

The document type (<doctype name>) cannot be deleted since there are documents based on this type in the content or recycle bin. Please delete the documents first.

This is showing after I deleted all the related documents and also I cleaned the recycle bin. When I checked in the related documents tab of document type, its showing some documents. I assume that this issue is getting after I did the import website function.

Please help me for this issue.

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_janh - 4/20/2012 3:37:29 AM

RE:Problem with custom document type delete in Kentico 6.0
Hello,

You can check easily, which documents still exist in Site Manager -> Development -> Document types -> <Your document type> -> Documents.

Best regards,
Jan Hermann

sreejith - 4/20/2012 3:51:00 AM

Hi Thanks for the reply..
I already checked that in documents tab of my document type. Some documents are listed but I have deleted the entire folder which contains those documents, but still showing the documents. I deleted all files from recycle bin also. I assume that this issue is getting after I did import/export website functionality.

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_janh - 4/20/2012 4:19:13 AM

Hello,

Strange, but this is the problem. You won't be able to delete your document type till the Documents tab will contain any documents. So please click on the pencil icon next to those documents to navigate to their locations and remove them for good.

Best regards,
Jan Hermann

sreejith - 4/23/2012 6:33:45 AM

Hi

I fixed the issue by directly deleting the document entries and its related records from the Database.
Deleted records from tables CMS_Tree, CMS_Document, CMS_EventLog and from the custom table which used for the document type based on NodeAliasPath & NodeID

Thanks for your valuable comments.

Thanks,
Sreejith

sreejith - 4/23/2012 6:35:18 AM

Hi

I fixed the issue by directly deleting the document entries and its related records from the Database.
Deleted records from tables CMS_Tree, CMS_Document, CMS_EventLog and from the custom table which used for the document type based on NodeAliasPath & NodeID

Thanks for your valuable comments.

Thanks,
Sreejith