Bug reports Found a bug? Post it here please.
Version 6.x > Bug reports > Restore Error View modes: 
Chanan - 4/17/2012 9:10:19 AM

Restore Error
While trying to restore documents from the recycle bin in Kentico 6 (Basic which shouldn't have analytics anyway) I am getting this error:

Restoring document(s) failed: [GeneralConnection.ExecuteQuery]: Query 'Analytics.Campaign.selectdocuments' not found.

Chanan - 4/17/2012 9:17:16 AM

RE:Restore Error
Looking into it a bit more, looks like some documents can be restored and some cannot. It looks like the documents that cannot be restored might have been created in V5.5 R2 and the ones that cannot be restored were in 6. Not 100% sure about that, but looks like it.

kentico_edwardh - 4/17/2012 2:55:34 PM

Hello,

There have been a few bug fixes to the recycle bin in version 6.0. Would it be possible to apply the latest hotfix to see if this resolves the issue you are facing?

Cummulative hotfix 6.0.27 (released on 04/13/2012)

Best Regards,
Edward Hillard

Chanan - 4/21/2012 7:17:43 AM

Hi Edward,

I put hotfix 28 on the site and I am still getting the same error.

Chanan - 4/24/2012 7:16:28 AM

Any update on this issue? It is a bit of a problem for us, since an editor deleted part of our corporate site by mistake...

kentico_edwardh - 4/26/2012 3:57:39 PM

Hello,

I was unable to find this query 'Analytics.Campaign.selectdocuments' in the database.

Find ClassID
SELECT * FROM CMS_Class WHERE ClassName = 'Analytics.Campaign'

Find queries associated with this class
SELECT * FROM CMS_Query WHERE ClassID = 2890

What it the document type you are trying to restore? Is there a custom query associated with this document type? Also, what is the code name of the document you are trying to restore?

Best Regards,
Edward Hillard

Chanan - 4/27/2012 8:57:58 AM

The documents are a custom type code named: Custom.File

There is a selectdocuments query in there, which if I am not mistaken gets created by default. I am not using it or any other custom query.

Kentico Consulting
Kentico Consulting
kentico_borisp - 5/1/2012 1:51:10 AM

Hello,

Could you please try to describe how to reproduce the issue? A step by step approach would be great so we can reproduce it on our side and confirm if this is a bug and issue a fix.

Best regards,
Boris Pocatko

Chanan - 5/1/2012 6:42:51 AM

Not sure how the delete happened, but now that they are deleted, I am logging on as that user via the Log in as user on the Users listing in CMSDesk, then I am going to "My Desk"; click the "Bin" icon on the toolbar; then I either click the restore document button or select a few documents and choose Restore from the dropdown and click Ok.

I can send you a backup of our database if you send me the FTP details.

Kentico Consulting
Kentico Consulting
kentico_borisp - 5/8/2012 3:02:30 AM

Hello,

UPDATE:
There was an inconsistency in the CMS_VersionHstory table in the XML definition of the deleted document (an incorrect NodeClassID).

Best regards,
Boris Pocatko

Chanan - 5/8/2012 5:56:22 AM

Fixed all the wrong values in the database and now the documents have been restored. Thanks.

It would be good to know how they got that way though for future bug fixes.

Kentico Consulting
Kentico Consulting
kentico_borisp - 5/8/2012 6:03:28 AM

Hello,

Of course. But in order to do that, we would need to reproduce the issue on our side. Can you please give us exact steps how to do this?

Best regards,
Boris Pocatko

Chanan - 5/8/2012 6:17:48 AM

Unfortunately not. The document type was created long ago. We didn't know of a problem till a few weeks ago when a user deleted some documents by mistake and tried to restore them. We did nothing out of the ordinary - no database changes of course and there isn't really custom code on the site.

Kentico Consulting
Kentico Consulting
kentico_borisp - 5/8/2012 6:44:05 AM

Hello,

I understand. If you will be able to recreate the issue by any chance in future, please let us know so we can try to reproduce it on our side.

Best regards,
Boris Pocatko