Bug reports Found a bug? Post it here please.
Version 6.x > Bug reports > Widget system properties not working View modes: 
Certified Developer v6
Certified Developer v6
szarouski - 4/5/2012 3:43:12 PM

Widget system properties not working
Hello,
I have Kentico 6 with latest hotfix (v6.0.25 (SP1)) and having issues with widget system properties. I created widget based on editable text webpart and in system properties unchecked Inherited for Content before/after. Then I entered some html there and clicked OK. Now when I go to widget zone and add my custom widget I can see that it was added on the page, but for some reason html before and after don't show. What I'm doing wrong?

Kentico Developer
Kentico Developer
kentico_ivanat - 4/6/2012 3:22:49 AM

RE:Widget system properties not working
Hi,

could you please check field you have unchecked. Then please delete the widget from the template and insert it again. Then your Content before/after configuration should be visible on the template.

Best regards,
Ivana Tomnaickova

Certified Developer v6
Certified Developer v6
szarouski - 4/6/2012 8:13:25 AM

Hi Ivana,
I tried to do what you advised and it didn't work.

could you please check field you have unchecked

Why? In documentation it says:
The System properties tab contains the general properties that all widgets and web parts have in common. Their default values can be modified by clearing the Inherited checkbox and entering the desired value into the appropriate field. All changes must be confirmed by clicking the OK button.

I want to have editable text widget, which will be wrapped by html I entered in Content before/after. Or by html from web part container. So for end user it will be like predefined html with editable text area (or html, or text box) inside.

It looks like it doesn't work right now so it could be that I'm doing something wrong, or there is some issue with Kentico, or both. Can you please provide instructions about how I can reach this?

Many thanks

Kentico Developer
Kentico Developer
kentico_ivanat - 4/8/2012 5:26:38 AM

Hi,

the fields should be really checked. It only means that you can defined a property which will be resolved by default.

What you need is to define ContentBefore and ContentAfter field in Fields section of editable text web part. They are not here by default. You can find inspiration in definition of a repeater web part. If you add these two fields to the editable text web part, please create a widget once again. Then you can check option Display in the form for these two fields and then if you add a widget on Design tab, the Content before/after settings will be resolved.

Best regards,
Ivana Tomanickova

Certified Developer v6
Certified Developer v6
szarouski - 4/9/2012 8:22:35 AM

Hi Ivana, thanks for your help!