Bug reports Found a bug? Post it here please.
Version 6.x > Bug reports > URL selector form control needs WYSIWYG permissions? View modes: 
Certified Developer v6
Certified Developer v6
szarouski - 3/6/2012 10:40:20 AM

URL selector form control needs WYSIWYG permissions?
Hello,
Please check screenshot

User image

I have a form control which is set to URL selector. Also I have a user role, for which I disabled 'insert image or media' field in UI Personalization for Editor (WYSIWYG). But I made sure to enable Web tab for Media dialog module for same role. And if I'm trying to use URL selector form control in edit contribution webpart I'm getting error "Permission for UI element 'InsertImageOrMedia' is required". Why is that? What if I don't want for user to upload image or media through WYSIWYG, but want to allow them do some stuff through media dialog.

It doesn't look logical for me, but maybe I don't understand something. As a work around for now I will use text field for url. It looks like a bug, isn't it?

Kentico Consulting
Kentico Consulting
kentico_borisp - 3/8/2012 8:31:49 AM

RE:URL selector form control needs WYSIWYG permissions?
Hello,

Regrettably I wasn't able to reproduce the issue. I have created a new role and a new user. I assigned the mentioned field to a document type and I created inserted a link without any issues when creating a new document. Could you please let me know the exact permissions you've assigned to the role? I on my end don't have any of the check boxes enabled and it's working just fine.

Best regards,
Boris Pocatko

Certified Developer v6
Certified Developer v6
szarouski - 3/8/2012 9:28:05 AM

Hello,

Could you please let me know the exact permissions you've assigned to the role?

In UI personalization -> Dialogs tab the only one which is checked is Web tab.
In UI personalization -> Editor tab "Images and media" section is unchecked.
In Permissions here the only permissions which are enabled: Content module -> Read | Modify | Create.

If I will enable "Insert image or media" in "Images and media" section for Editor in UI personalization - then everything will start working. But also image icon will show in WYSIWYG controls, which I don't want.

Regrettably I wasn't able to reproduce the issue.

Did you test it with edit contribution webpart? To allow WYSIWYG personalization for live site you need to do following:

Toolbar personalization on the live site is disabled by default. To change this, you need to enable it in your web.config file by adding the following key to the /configuration/appSettings section:

<add key="CKEditor:PersonalizeToolbarOnLiveSite" value="true" />

Certified Developer v6
Certified Developer v6
szarouski - 3/8/2012 9:35:25 AM

Also users which assigned to this role don't have any other special roles. And Is editor checkbox is turned off for them. Hope this clarify some stuff.

Kentico Consulting
Kentico Consulting
kentico_borisp - 3/9/2012 4:24:49 AM

Hello,

Now I am confused. What does the CKeditor has to do with your custom field of type URL selector? Here are my settings and my opened dialog:

User image
User image
User image
User image
User image
User image

Best regards,
Boris Pocatko

Certified Developer v6
Certified Developer v6
szarouski - 3/9/2012 8:51:46 AM

Well, everything you did looks right.

What does the CKeditor has to do with your custom field of type URL selector?

Both of them use media dialog. Looks like under some conditions there could be conflict between WYSIWYG and URL selector. I tried to check code to see how permissions are setup there, but couldn't figure it out.

Kentico Consulting
Kentico Consulting
kentico_borisp - 3/10/2012 8:51:21 AM

Hello,

I also forgot to mention that I enabled the WYSIWYG personalization on the live site.

Regrettably, I can't submit a bug report if I am not able to reproduce the issue. Could you please try to create a new testing user and testing role according to my screenshots so you have the same setup as I on my side? please let me know if you were able to reproduce the issue that way.

Best regards,
Boris Pocatko