Upgrades Questions on upgrading to version 6.x.
Version 6.x > Upgrades > Failed to load hotfix and upgrade information View modes: 
Aon_Vlado - 8/21/2012 5:18:38 PM

Failed to load hotfix and upgrade information
I have probably not installed the win service when installed 6.0 SP1 on production server and now I have an error when trying to apply a hotfix using KIM: “Failed to load hotfix and upgrade information”.

The KIM shows correctly installed version - this error pops up only when clicked Upgrade/Hotfix button. I thought I just run the exe and add the feature but only option is uninstall the application, which I do not want.

I run the hotfix from hotfix_6_0_45.exe without problems.

What to do, please?

Thanks,

Vlado

Kentico Consulting
Kentico Consulting
kentico_borisp - 8/22/2012 1:27:48 AM

RE:Failed to load hotfix and upgrade information
Hello,

You can still try to apply the hotfix package manually. Please follow the Instructions.pdf file in the directory, where the files were extracted, usually in c:\Program Files (x86)\KenticoCMS\<version>\Hotfix<version>\.

Best regards,
Boris Pocatko

Aon_Vlado - 8/22/2012 6:39:24 AM

Yes, I know:
Aon_Vlado wrote:
I run the hotfix from hotfix_6_0_45.exe without problems.

but I would like to use KIM, it is a great utility. Is there any way to fix my problem and install the service separately? I thought if I have option not to install it I will have the option to install it later.

Vlado

Kentico Consulting
Kentico Consulting
kentico_borisp - 8/22/2012 7:42:49 AM

Hello,

You can try to install Kentico once more. That way a new installation of KIM will be also created.

Best regards,
Boris Pocatko