Upgrades Questions on upgrading to version 6.x.
Version 6.x > Upgrades > Error when trying to build site after Upgrading View modes: 
roy.vanderploeg-gaprc - 6/6/2012 1:20:44 PM

Error when trying to build site after Upgrading
After upgrading from 5.5R2 to ^.0 I am recieving the following error. Error 1 Reference.svcmap: Inheritance security rules violated by type: 'CMS.skmMenuControl.Design.MenuDesigner'. Derived types must either match the security accessibility of the base type or be less accessible. App_WebReferences/JangoMail/
. I cannot find the CMS.skmMenuControl.Design.MenuDesiner on the site.
Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Kentico Developer
Kentico Developer
kentico_helenag - 6/7/2012 3:19:19 AM

RE:Error when trying to build site after Upgrading
Hello,

The MenuDesigner is in the source code of libraries so you cannot access its code unless you have the full source code.

Can you please see this forum thread? http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/vsto/thread/b84aad34-cef4-4045-9111-3fd3a66a5789

Try to add the following line to the web.config:
<trust level="Full" legacyCasModel="true" />

Best regards,
Helena Grulichova

Certified Developer 8
Certified Developer 8
bryan-bit-wizards - 8/17/2012 9:09:16 AM

Roy,

I encountered this issue just this morning. Very cryptic error with no real explanation. I had not modified this project in any way since the last time I built it, but started getting that same error. I tried Rebuilding the project, cleaning out the ASP.NET temp files, and restarting, all to no avail.

I did try the web.config change Helena recommended (which I also found online) but receive a “Failed to create AppDomain” error. After scratching my head a bit I decided to remove the web service reference I had to a 3rd party system. Once I removed (and my code that referenced the service) that the solution built fine.

I added the service reference back and my code and built successfully again. I’m not sure what caused the issue, but that seemed to resolve it. I have access to the 3rd party web service machine so I went ahead an rebooted that, as well.

Perhaps dropping your service, rebuilding, then adding it back may resolve it for you. Hope it works for you!

-Bryan Soltis
Kentico MVP

Certified Developer 13
Certified Developer 13
nbushnell-bluemodus - 2/13/2013 2:45:09 PM

I had the same issue. I was able fix it by changing the configuration of the web service reference (right click in Visual Studio on the web reference's reverence.svcmap node and click "Configure Service Reference..."). I unchecked all the Kentico dlls from the list of referenced assemblies.

Kentico Customer Success
Kentico Customer Success
kentico_martind2 - 2/14/2013 4:40:41 AM

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about your solution. I hope it will help also somebody else in the future!

Best regards,
Martin Danko