Design and CSS styles
Version 6.x > Design and CSS styles > How to hide fields on the message board form. View modes: 
stephen.turley-terradon - 6/8/2012 7:54:30 AM

How to hide fields on the message board form.
I've added a .hidden {display:none;} to my css.

I want to hide the URL, UserName, and email from the post creation form for the message boards. I've tried adding the css class to the appropriate entries in theCMSModules\MessageBoards\Controls\Messages\MessageEdit.ascx file but it did not render them in the markup. I've also tried to write a skin for the webpart but it throws an error on <cms:MessageBoard.

Any ideas how to add the hidden class to the text boxes and labels of this form?

Kentico Consulting
Kentico Consulting
kentico_mirekr - 6/8/2012 10:59:18 PM

RE:How to hide fields on the message board form.
Hi,

I have assigned custom CSS class to let’s say Name textbox control in the ~\CMSModules\MessageBoards\Controls\Messages\MessageEdit.ascx file and it was rendered on the page without any problem:

<cms:CMSTextBox CssClass="xxx" ID="txtUserName" runat="server" EnableViewState="false" MaxLength="250" ProcessMacroSecurity="false" />

I do not see any reason why this would not work for you. Have you tried to restart the application? Could you please post your code changes?

Thanks,
Miro