Design and CSS styles
Version 6.x > Design and CSS styles > Working with Tables View modes: 
mpaulin - 3/28/2013 2:28:28 PM

Working with Tables
I am trying to setup a 5 row 2 column table, at first I did it using the 'Table' insert on the tool bar next to 'quickly insert media'. I padding and spacing each for 2. When the table was inserted, there was no grid, lines, spacing, etc. - it was as if I had not inserted anything. When I clicked 'source', I could see the code for the table and that it was there. I then just inserted some generic text in the cells and then clicked out of source. The text appeared on the page, however, no alignment, grid lines, padding, spacing, etc.

I next decided that I would just start fresh and created a table in Dreamweaver, placed all of my text in the appropriate cells, used CSS to style the table with row / column colors, text alignment, cell padding and spacing, font colors, etc.

I then copied the CSS to the style sheet for the site and the table code to the place on my page where I wanted the table.

The only parts that worked, other than the text on the page is the row and column colors, and font colors. Borders, text alignment and positioning, cell padding and spacing - nothing. It is like Kentico does not recognize what to do with a table and how to render one - even when it is styled using CSS.

With the table design not working from the CMS tool bar, I am wondering if there are settings in 'development' or some otherplace that need to be defined to get Tables to work in the Kentico environment.

Any ideas?
Thanks
Mike

Kentico Consulting
Kentico Consulting
richards@kentico.com - 3/29/2013 2:25:15 AM

RE:Working with Tables
Hi Mike,

I'm unable to reproduce this issue either on Kentico 6 or Kentico 7. Could you please send us some screenshots so we can look into it further?

I added a table in the editable text web part -> next to the insert media button. See screen shot. Let me know if I somehow misuderstood you.

User image

Kind regards,
Richard Sustek

mpaulin - 3/29/2013 10:04:50 AM

Hi Richard,

You are good - exactly what I am looking for. Here are my screen shots for a test table followed by screen shots from the real one I am working. The table is being setup in an editable text web part, just like yours.

I was going to send you screen shots - copy / paste images does not work here and the 'insert image' button has no navigation to get to the desktop where I saved the image.

Do you have a support email?

Thanks
Mike

Kentico Consulting
Kentico Consulting
richards@kentico.com - 3/29/2013 2:24:33 PM

Hi Mike,

I cant see any of those images. Yeah, send us an email to support@kentico.com and we can take it from there. Also please send those images once again.

Kind regards,
Richard Sustek

mpaulin - 3/29/2013 3:30:17 PM

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your reply. Images were not attached to my last post. I could not figure out how you get an image attached to this forum post when the 'insert image' button above did not allow you to navigate to your image.

I will send to support email on Monday. Leaving office now for the weekend.
Mike

mpaulin - 4/1/2013 3:18:27 PM

Richard,

I sent the question and screen shots to your support email.

Thanks
Mike

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_janh - 4/2/2013 1:52:02 AM

Hello Mike,

[If you have an URL of your screenshot, you can add an image to a forum post by clicking on the second icon "Insert image" above the text area]

It sounds like you have a css style definition set globally for table elements like table, tr, td in your site stylesheet and since this this stylesheet is shared with a WYSIWYG editor by default, you can't see those borders. I have an idea how to confirm it and make it work easily. Please create a new stylesheet (Site Manager -> Development -> CSS Stylesheets) and name it "wysiwyg". Add following code to it:

*{}

Now please save it and switch to the Site Manager -> Sites tab where your site is listed, edit it and select your wysiwyg stylesheet as the Editor CSS stylesheet property. Save this change and try to add a table again.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Best regards,

Jan Hermann