Design and CSS styles
Version 6.x > Design and CSS styles > Style Sheet Check In/Check Out View modes: 
shelley.ford-celero - 8/26/2012 10:58:30 PM

Style Sheet Check In/Check Out
Hi, I ahve check-in/check-out enabled on the my site. I noticed though in Site Manager when I go to edit the stylesheet and click "check-out" I can't modify the stylesheet. But when I check it in I can. I had thought it should work the opposite. Or am I not understanding how this works? Let me know. Thanks!

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_jurajo - 8/26/2012 11:51:05 PM

RE:Style Sheet Check In/Check Out
Hi,

The check in/out you have enabled is for the content - for exclusive access.
In case of CSS style sheet is is check out to a file - which means you can edit the CSS style sheet in a physical file on the file system. It does not mean to have exclusive access to it as for the documents as in CMS Desk.

Best regards,
Juraj Ondrus

rlull - 11/14/2013 12:22:16 PM

I know this is an old post but I was wondering if it's possible to configure check-in check-out for site manager items like the css stylesheet?

Kentico Customer Success
Kentico Customer Success
kentico_martind2 - 11/15/2013 3:23:05 AM

Hello,

Unfortunately no, this is not supported yet. You can use the versioning in the current version with CSS files.

On the other hand, if you want functionality like this available in the feature version of Kentico, you can suggest it and also other users will be able to vote for it (more users = higher priority), on the special page: http://kentico.uservoice.com/

Best regards,
Martin Danko